The Simple Woman's Daybook - 16 July 2011

This is the first time I've taken part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.  If you'd like to see other daybooks, or take part yourself, please visit this site

FOR TODAY - Saturday, 16th July 2011, 07.30am

Outside my window... it is raining.


I am thinking... nothing in particular.  It's too early and I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet.

I am thankful... that I have nearly finished my teaching commitments for this academic year and now have 8 weeks holiday to look forward to.

From the learning room ... I plan to restart learning the piano.

In the kitchen... there are the ingredients for the Rustic Chicken Casserole we will be eating tonight.

I am wearing... my dressing gown.  I've just got up!

I am creating... this blog!  It's not going according to plan - it was supposed to be a blog to display my entries for card-making challenges, but since I started I haven't had time to do any challenges and I also keep getting sidetracked by other things ... like this daybook. 

I am going... to sort out some paperwork .. submit the rest of my invoices for this term and prepare the registers, etc for the next term.

I am wondering... how long the bad weather is going to last as I need to start work on clearing the very overgrown garden.

I am reading... 'Agatha Raisin and the Fairies of Fryfam'.  This is book no. 10 of my summer reading project.  Only another 11 to go.

I am hoping... that the rest of my pupil's exam results arrive soon, and that they have all passed.  Hoping for merits or distinctions really but passes will be good.  Definitely don't want any fails!

I am looking forward to... an 8 week break from work.

I am hearing... the rain on the conservtory roof.

Around the house... loads of housework waiting to be done.

I am pondering... my plans for the next year and if it will be possible to find the time to complete an Open University course.

One of my favorite things... a baby's laugh.  Hearing a baby or a small child laugh is the best thing ever.

A few plans for the rest of the week: housework and gardening

Here is a picture or thought I am sharing...





This is the chapel on the bridge at Bradford on Avon.

Comments

Popular Posts