The Simple Woman's Daybook - 24 September 2011

FOR TODAY - Saturday, 24th September 2011, 12:18pm

Outside my window... it is sunny. It is supposed to be really hot for the next week. 

I am thinking... that beginners' band practice went well this morning.  Luckily they are all doing well at learning to read the music so progress is much faster than with the last intake.

I am thankful... that my family and friends are well, or as well as can be expected in two cases!

I am learning ... still working towards a flute exam and plodding on with learning to play the piano.  Progress is slow!

In the kitchen... I am cooking a fish pie for me and a beef casserole for Ced.

I am wearing... t shirt, skirt and cardigan.

I am creating... nothing, it's still quiet on the creative front.

I am going... to take some photos.  I have a few to do for the scavenger hunt and I want to take some more around the home. 

I am wondering... when to buy my new camera.

I am reading... 'Three Weeks To Say Goodbye' by C.J. Box.  I've only read the first three chapters so far but I'm hooked.  I'll try to finish it this weekend. 

I am hoping... that I can get my clarinet sorted.  It hasn't really played properly since it was serviced so it is back in the shop for them to rectify the problem.

I am looking forward to... a good rest.  I've been tired all week and can feel the start of a cold threatening so I'm going to have an easy weekend, pottering about at home with the camera, eating, drinking and reading.  Oh, and watching Downton Abbey on Sunday.  

I am hearing... the TV and the fan on the cooker.

Around the house... it is still tidy.  I can't believe it!

I am pondering... still working out where I want to be financially this time next year.

One of my favorite things...  the changes of the seasons.  I am so glad that I live in a country where we can experience the different seasons throughout the year.

A few plans for the rest of the week: as last week - family visiting on Tuesday, teaching Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and band practice on Saturday.  I'll watch Dr Who tonight and Downton Abbey tomorrow.

Here is a thought I am sharing ... 



If you'd like to see other daybooks, or take part yourself, please visit this site.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good day Eileen,
    hope that you are not too tired though,
    try and get some rest before the start of next week!

    Glad you enjoying your book and looking forward to when you do buy your new camera.


    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ellen. To see the changes of the season is really a lot of fun. Have a nice week in autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts