Saturday, 22 October 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook - 22 October 2011

FOR TODAY - Saturday, 22nd October 2011, 11:53am

Outside my window... is bright sunshine, but very chilly. 

I am thinking... about a new blog I discovered yesterday, written by Deirdre, where she writes about her experiences as the wife and carer of someone suffering from Motor Neurone Disease.  It was a fascinating read - she could have been describing me and I identified with so many things she said and/or had experienced.  In a strange sort of way I found it comforting to know that someone understands so completely how I feel and what we are going through. 

I am thankful... for the opportunity this blog had given me to make new friends.

I am learning ... to use Photoshop. Still!  Progress is slow. 

In the kitchen... we have just had a full English breakfast (a bit late so let's call it brunch) and tonight we will have spaghetti bolognaise.

I am wearing... t shirt, skirt and cardigan.

I am creating... lots more photos.  

I am going... to settle down this afternoon to read.  My sister has given me another load of books so I have plenty to choose from.  

I am wondering... about my doctor's appointment on Monday.  My own doctor is away so I have to see someone else.  I'm hoping it's not going to be one of those consultations where I just get told to come back and see my own doctor as she 'doesn't want to interfere with my ongoing treatment'. 

I am reading... still 'The Memory Keeper's Daughter' by Kim Edwards. However, I've put the book down somewhere and couldn't find it last night so I also started reading 'Spider Bones' by Kathy Reichs.

I am hoping... that the weather stays good so that I can take a group photo of my friend and her daughters.

I am looking forward to... my niece and her children, Tinkerbell and Tweenie, visiting on Wednesday for our traditional (their words!) MacDonalds.  We meet up every school holiday for their choice of a meal and Macdonalds is their favourite.  Hopefully we can convert them to KFC when the new drivethrough KFC opens in Trowbridge. 

I am hearing... the TV, as usual! Also lots of ringing in my ears - the tinnitus is really bad today.

Around the house... not a lot is happening.  I haven't been up to doing anything but the bare minimum but it's still reasonably tidy.

I am pondering... nothing.  I'm trying to live 'in the moment' and not dwell on what the future holds. 

One of my favorite things... lemon meringue pie.  Yum!

A few plans for the rest of the week: family visiting on Tuesday and Wednesday. Lots of photography sessions, weather and health permitting. Doctor's appointment on Monday.

Here is a thought I am sharing ...



If you'd like to see other daybooks, or take part yourself, please visit this site.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eileen,

    Am having trouble with blogger today so have to comment under the title Anonymous!

    I am glad that you found comfort in the blog you found recently, that is good news.

    Enjoy your meal with your niece and children next week.

    Brunch is a great idea cuts out having to make lunch!

    Piddling down here and it is dark and gloomy.

    Have a good week and take care of yourself.

    ps good luck with the doctor.


    Fiona - raindrops and daisys.

    x

    ReplyDelete