The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday 27th December 2013

FOR TODAY

Outside my window ... it is a cold, grey day. It was very windy again last night and the back garden looks like it has taken a battering.  I'm sure there will be more wind and rain before the day is out.

I am thinking ... 'can I be bothered to drive down to the other end of the village to photograph the flooding?'  Probably not ... it's going to be a 'lazy, curl up on the sofa with a good book' sort of day.

I am thankful ... for all the thought and love extended to me during the Christmas season.  I have to be honest and say that I was sort of dreading it without Ced but it turned out to be a really lovely laughter filled day.

In the kitchen ... there is the washing up from breakfast but not much else is happening.

I am wearing ... my dressing gown and a smile!!

I am creating ... still working on the patchwork hexagons.  It is going to be a grab bag.

I am going ... to Ena's (my sister) home later today for a family get together.  Her eldest daughter lives in Wales and stayed at home this Christmas but her eldest son has been to stay with his dad and is coming to sleep at Ena's home tonight so the rest of the family are going round to have our belated Christmas celebration with him.  They are taking him back to Wales tomorrow and I'm going with them to see my niece, her husband and the other two children and indulge in another day of present giving and food.

I am wondering ... how long I will have to refrain from exercising.  I fell over on the decking yesterday and have badly bruised my hip and leg and can't walk properly.  Luckily I didn't break anything but have been advised to take things easy.

I am reading ... the third Harry Potter book with plans to read the rest of the series as soon as possible.  I'm enjoying them as much as I did on the first read but for some reason it is taking me ages to finish them which isn't like me at all.

I am hoping ... to complete a photo a day project in 2014, themed on the garden.

I am looking forward to ... seeing my niece and her family in Wales.  I haven't seen them since the summer.

I am learning ... to pace myself.  I have a tendency to take on too much and then crash and burn.  I'm still planning what I want to do but am being much more realistic about what I can achieve and in what timescale. It makes for a happier me!

Around the house ... I can hear the boiler churning away and also the radio - I'm listening to Classic FM. I'm sitting at the dining room table and just next to me is the beautiful flower arrangement my Friday school surprised me with.  The Christmas decorations are still up (but I'll probably take them down on Sunday) so the house is a vision of red and gold, with some green thrown in for good measure.

I am pondering ... nothing really.  I'm emotionally very tired and simply don't have the energy to ponder anything.

One of my favourite things ... black ink on good quality white paper.  Julie and the girls gave me some calligraphy pens for Christmas so I will soon be indulging in this.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
  • Saturday: Going to Wales to see Keri and family
  • Sunday: Relaxing at home
  • Monday: Shopping and cooking
  • Tuesday: Cooking + friends visiting in the afternoon
  • Wednesday: Visiting family 
  • Thursday: Some photography if weather permits
  • Friday: Relaxing at home
A peek into my day ... A meal with family tonight.  Apart from that I haven't planned anything, just a relaxing day!

A favourite quote for today ...



image from Google

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear that you are laid up and bruised, take it steady and dont try exercising until it feels right. So pleased you had a good time on Christmas Day. Really looking forward to seeing the progress in the garden over the coming months.
    Happy New year.
    Joy x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fall sounds painful wait until you are properly healed before starting your exercise otherwise you will do more damage than good! Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas they say laughter is the best medicine and although you weren't poorly I'm sure it helped xx thanks for sharing your day x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts