Weigh In Wednesday [7]

Another pound lost so that is a total of 10.5 lbs in seven weeks, an average of 1.5 lbs a week.  That's at a healthy, sustainable rate so I'm over the moon with how things are going.  It's also purely a result of calorie counting with no exercising at all after the first couple of weeks.
 
This week I need to reassess my approach to meals and how I allocate the calories during the day.  Now that I am back to (almost) full time working I will have to take packed lunches on three days so I need to start looking for some low calorie options rather than taking sandwiches every day. This week it is really cold so I will be taking a flask of soup for my lunch but I need some other ideas for when the weather starts to warm up. Salads are an option but any other suggestions will be very much appreciated, please.
 
Linking with Weigh In Wednesday

Comments

  1. That's a great loss, Eileen, well done. I generally have pitta breads instead of regular bread, I think one pitta is about 140 cals, instead of 200 for 2 slices of bread, and you can still put just as much or as little filling as you want. Thinly sliced chicken or tinned fish (salmon, tuna, sardines, pilchards) with lettuce, tomato or cucumber (or all three!) are good filler options. I like to make my own soups, too, leek and potato isn't too calorific, but nicely filling on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!! Haven't got any more suggestions for lunch box though, but Joy has put lots of ideas down...all of which seem yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow well done, you are doing so well, keep it up. Bread is my BIG downfall :(. Roll on the summer salads every day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty big on soups for lunch. It always makes me full, and if there's enough protein in it, you can stay full :)

    Also, nice job on the loss!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone soups are a really good option. I also make chicken or beef with veggies and then you can just heat it up and it will keep you full longer! Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bring some snacks to work also...to keep hunger at bay. Almonds, string cheese, fruit, cottage cheese.

    http://whatadventuresawait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to pack meals everyday because I also work full time. For my lunches I usually like to have meats with a side of veggies. I usually pack vegetarian chicken nuggets such as the MorningStar or GardenIn kind with a side of asparagus or zucchini. I am not a vegetarian, but those products taste delicious (like you're eating bad, but you're not) and they are healthy - packed with protein, fiber, and a fraction of the fat and calories as regular meat. I also like to pack spaghetti. I use spaghetti squash opposed to noodles and top it with ground turkey with organic tomato sauce. Hope this helps, even if its just a little! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts