Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Today ...

... has been a very different sort of day. 

  • I've finally watched Frozen, so now I will understand what all my pupils are talking about.
  • I recaptured my childhood, laughing out loud at the slapstick antics of Sooty and friends.
  • I went shopping in Sainsbury's and spent an awfully long time in the sweeties aisle.
  • I had an indoor picnic at lunchtime, which I haven't done for years.
  • I sang along to the Donny Osmond version of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and still remembered all the words.
  • I spent quite a lot of time talking about the 'olden days', when I was a child at school.
  • I played snap, and lost!
  • I did some colouring in ... very therapeutic.
  • I played the recorder and performed in a mini concert in my living room. 
The reason for this change of pace?  I had the pleasure of babysitting Little Miss C, so have had a very enjoyable day seeing the world through the eyes of a five and a half years old.  She is desperate to learn to play an instrument, so today was her first (surprise) lesson on the recorder; she picked it up straight away and we played the three pieces she'd learnt (all based on the note 'B') in a mini concert to her mum when she came to collect her.  Here she is ...
 
 
I've loved having her ... but it'll be early to bed for me tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Olá Eileen, não entendi muito bem! É professora de musica! Que maravilha! Essa criança é linda!
    Muito sucesso com as aulas!
    Abraços, Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the other way round - I'm teaching her. She's still a bit too young really but wants to learn so we are taking it slowly at a pace appropriate to her age.

      Delete
  2. She is such a cutie
    Kids will for sure keep you on your toes
    Get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very enjoyable day, she's lovely (and a red-head, my favourite colour) x x

    ReplyDelete