- I've finally watched Frozen, so now I will understand what all my pupils are talking about.
- I recaptured my childhood, laughing out loud at the slapstick antics of Sooty and friends.
- I went shopping in Sainsbury's and spent an awfully long time in the sweeties aisle.
- I had an indoor picnic at lunchtime, which I haven't done for years.
- I sang along to the Donny Osmond version of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and still remembered all the words.
- I spent quite a lot of time talking about the 'olden days', when I was a child at school.
- I played snap, and lost!
- I did some colouring in ... very therapeutic.
- I played the recorder and performed in a mini concert in my living room.
The reason for this change of pace? I had the pleasure of babysitting Little Miss C, so have had a very enjoyable day seeing the world through the eyes of a five and a half years old. She is desperate to learn to play an instrument, so today was her first (surprise) lesson on the recorder; she picked it up straight away and we played the three pieces she'd learnt (all based on the note 'B') in a mini concert to her mum when she came to collect her. Here she is ...
I've loved having her ... but it'll be early to bed for me tonight.