Apparently, the second week of October is National Pet Peeves Week so the Tuesday Ten team have asked us to list our personal top ten pet peeves.
I thought this was going to be quite hard but once I got started, the list came together very easily!
- People who write in library books - if they want to write in their own books that's fine, but writing in a library book drives me nuts, especially when the annotation is incorrect.
- Lateness - I know there are often valid reasons for being late but I have a couple of friends who are habitually late and then never apologise or phone to let me know they will be late. I just think it shows a lack of respect.
- Tattoos - No offence intended to anyone who has a tattoo, but I just don't think they look good. I hope the current trend for tattoos comes to an end soon.
- Inconsiderate parking - why do some people find it so difficult to park in the centre of the parking space. It's so frustrating when the last empty space in the car park can't be used because a driver has parked across two spaces.
- Poor service - it's when the person serving me in a shop leaves me in the middle of the transaction to help out another shop assistant who has a problem. Why can't they just say they'll help as soon as they've finished serving me, not leave me standing there like a dummy but unable to leave because I'm still waiting for my change.
- People who answer their phone in the middle of a conversation - it's just so rude. I have one friend who, as a single mum, sometimes needs to be contacted by her children and I can understand that, but (particularly with teenagers and twenty somethings) too often there are constant interruptions and pauses in the flow of a conversation while they ignore me to deal with whoever is on the other end of the phone.
- Black and white photography - well not B/W photography itself, but people who look at my photos and then say 'what a shame it's not in colour'!!!! I love B/W photography but rarely share my efforts with others for this reason. I stick to colour photography for this blog and for showing to family and friends.
- Litter - it's when you see litter left by the side of a bin - how much effort would it have taken to dispose of the litter properly.
- People who talk during the show or the film - if they want to talk, why did they buy tickets for the theatre or the cinema? It's that lack of consideration for others.
- People who don't have their money ready to pay at the checkout - they know they have to pay so why not be ready. They never seem to be embarrassed about keeping other people waiting whilst they rummage in their bags to find their purse.
I could go on, but it is a link up to the Tuesday Ten so I'll stop now!
Also linking with Blogtoberfest 2014