Friday, 14 November 2014

Love The Little Things - 14th November


butwhymummywhy

Here are some of the little things from this week.

Read | I'm still trying to finish the book group read, 'The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks' by Rebecca Skloot.  As a bit of light reading I've caught up on some blog reading; I've just read Ladkyis' blog, Ramblings of a Little Old Lady, from start to finish - she is a brilliant storyteller and writer - laugh out loud stuff!
 
Watched | Too much TV again, mostly Lewis, Missing and I've started watching Intruders on iPlayer.  I watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel for the first time, a pleasant gentle comedy which I enjoyed.

The best part of the week was on Monday night when I went to see the comedian, David Mitchell (of Peep Show fame), who is currently on tour promoting his new book.  I love his sense of humour and thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Heard | I haven't been listening to much at all this week but I did make time for this recording of Lauren Marie Presley (distant relative of Elvis Presley) which I found via a news article.  I'm not a great fan of Elvis' music but I do like her style and will look out for more in the future.


 
Made | Absolutely nothing this week!

Worn | I sorted out all my clothes, getting rid of the things that were too big following the weight loss and finding other items of clothing that I hadn't unpacked since I moved in last year.  They weren't unpacked because they were too small but .... {drum roll} ... they now fit!  It's like having a whole new wardrobe of clothes!
 
And Lastly ... I'm gradually settling in to my autumn/winter routine when there's less rushing about than in spring and summer, although December will be rather manic with all the band commitments.  I have time to take stock and enjoy the simple things in life ... candlelight ... home made curries shared with friends ... snuggling up on the sofa under a comfort blanket ... refreshing walks on cold mornings and then a steaming hot cup of coffee to warm up when I get home ... that feeling when it's blowing a storm outside but I'm warm and safe inside ... rainy days when there's no guilt about staying in and reading!


3 comments:

  1. Well done on your weight loss Eileen.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats on your weightloss, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like David Mitchell, would love to go and see him - he has such a dry sense of humour and Peep Show was one of my favourites when it was on TV.
    Well done with your weight loss! xx

    ReplyDelete