The Simple Woman's Daybook - Wednesday 31st December 2014

FOR TODAY - WEDNESDAY 31 DECEMBER 2014
 
Outside my window ... the early morning frost has cleared from the garden but it is still visible on the trees and roof tops in the distance.  It is still bitterly cold, although thankfully there is no wind. 
 
I am thinking ... about tonight. I'll be seeing the new year in at my friend's home with her youngest daughter and her sister-in-law.  We've planned a quiet night in, Chinese take away, chatting together, watching Alan Carr on the TV and just enjoying each other's company. I'm sort of looking forward to it, but I've always found new year to be a sad, emotional time and I don't think this year will be any different so I hope I can hold it all together. 
 
I am thankful ... to live in a country where we experience the changing seasons.  I don't particularly like the cold of winter, but these frosty mornings are beautiful. 

In the kitchen ... it looks like a bomb has hit it and I need to do the washing up and tidy the work surfaces before I go out.   

I am wearing ... my dressing gown - I haven't got dressed yet!

I am creating ... entries on eBay and Amazon UK to try to sell some of Ced's things.

I am going ... to Ikea to choose a bookcase and storage unit for my music room.

I am wondering ... whether to treat myself to some new clothes, or to wait until I have lost a bit more weight. All the clothes I have now feel too loose, but they are still wearable and I'm wondering whether to wait just a bit longer as I don't have much more to lose before I drop another dress size.  The sensible side of my brain knows the answer, i.e. wait, but the child in me want to go shopping now!

I am reading ... nothing at the moment.  I'll be reading a book group selection next - The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.
 
I am hoping ...  that it doesn't snow!
 
I am looking forward to ... lots of meetup events - a trip to a museum, seeing the sculpture trail at Lacock Abbey, a couple of meals, the book group meetings and a night-time photo walk in Bath. I've also arranged meals with two couples I've lost touch with over the years, so am keeping my fingers crossed that we can resurrect our friendships.
 
I am learning ... the piano again, getting back into a regular practice routine and really enjoying it. 
 
Around the house ...  I've had a good tidy up so it's looking as good as it can, taking into account that I'm in the middle of sorting my vast hoard collection of sheet music and music books, so there are (organised!) piles of the stuff all over the living room floor.
 
I am pondering ... the next list of things to be done around the house.  So far I'll be having new wall lights fitted in the living room, have the light switch changed in the dining room, my new bookcase fixed to the wall in the music room and possibly have the front door replaced. 

One of my favourite things ... breaking the seal on a new jar of coffee.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week ...
  • Thursday: no plans
  • Friday: meeting friends for lunch
  • Saturday: reading The Rosie Project ready for Wednesday!
  • Sunday: visiting the Holburne Museum in Bath
  • Monday: no plans
  • Tuesday: no plans
  • Wednesday: book group in the evening


A peek into my day ... I'll be pottering about at home today, sorting music, a bit of cooking, playing the piano, taking some photos and indulging in a long and relaxing bubble bath.  Then off to Julie's home for the evening and to see in the new year together. 
 
A favourite quote for today ...
 
"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies."- Unknown
 

Comments

Popular Posts