Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt | Something that is over 100 years old

Now that half term has started I'll be catching up with my Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt posts. It's just a short post today with three photos for number 5: something that is over 100 years old.
the 13th century South Choir Aisle in Bristol Cathedral
an 11th century Anglo Saxon carving of the Harrowing of Hell
 - seen in Bristol Cathedral
a pack of Victorian playing cards which date to about 1875, or maybe even earlier
 - they have square corners and no indices, but have double-ended court cards

I have lots more to update, but that's all for tonight!

Comments

  1. Good selection, just been looking at my list :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've only got six more to find, I have a photo for all the rest.

      Delete
  2. Olá Eileen, belíssimas fotos que partilha referente ao caça ao tesouro!
    Elas próprias são tesouros!
    Abraços e bom domingo.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the Victorian playing cards. Are these a family heirloom, or did you spot them in a museum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to collect playing cards and I bought this pack at one of the local antique fairs. I'm now selling the majority of the collection, but will keep these and a few of the prettier packs of cards.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful and FUN! I need to blog my letters found in nature and getting going on the remaining six.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, Eileen!
    I am still hoping for a bit of snowfall - we haven't had any at all, otherwise my Winter Weather will be of a a grey, damp and cloudy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Those cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts