All About ... the Art Course Day 7

Today was all about acrylics. The session started with looking at samples of the various techniques, although this time we didn't try any of them out ourselves, and then it was straight on to today's painting ... a cliff top scene.
 

I'm reasonably pleased with my finished painting but I feel I messed up when adding the thrift (pink/white sponged shapes) as I don't think they look very natural at all.
 
At the end of the first acrylics session I'm sitting on the fence; I know a lot of you have said that this is your preferred medium but I've yet to be convinced.  I prefer the translucency of watercolour paints and this seem almost heavy in comparison, but maybe that is down to lack of proficiency with the paints.  I'll see how I get on in the final three weeks of the course. 

Comments

  1. I'm very impressed that you finished the painting in one short session, what size is it? I tend to paint a picture over the course of a week or two, letting each bit dry before attempting the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about 30 x 21 cms. We blocked in the colour before the break which was all dry by the time we started back, about 15 - 20 minutes later. Then added detail by dry brushing colour on and also by sponging colour on.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the pink, but everything else looks really nice!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw some big drifts on Thrift not unlike your depiction on our recent holiday.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aril ... that makes me feel better about it!

      Delete
  4. I think it is great, especially bearing in mind that it is a new medium for you! I am sure that as you continue you will enjoy it and get better and better! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying reading about your progress. I'm a watercolour lover too but this impresses me all the same. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts