The holiday has started and I have eleven weeks in which I can do exactly what I please, although I know that September will arrive all too soon. I have plenty of things organised; I didn't realise I'd planned so much until I typed this list!
go to a demonstration of Indian cookeryI did this on Wednesday night. It was excellent and I've now booked a place on one of her courses.
- do the Bizarre Bath Comedy Walk
- visit the Beggars Knoll Chinese Garden in Westbury (NGS open day for charity)
- meet with Joy for lunch at the Lavender Farm
- go to Carter's Steam Fair in Bath
- see Alan Carr, the comedian, in Bristol
- go on a photo walk in Devizes
- play at the Civic Service in Trowbridge
- visit Exmouth
- do an Indian Street Food cookery course
- follow the Bathampton Morris Men as they dance around Lacock
- sightseeing in London
- make a Tussy Mussy at the Courts Garden in Holt
- visit Seend Head House Gardens (NGS open day)
- visit Dyrham House
- go on a photo walk in Imber
- go on the Emirates Cable Car in Greenwich
- do the Buckingham Palace tour
- go on a Mystery Coach Trip
That's all the special events and on top of that I have the art course to complete, various book group evenings, meals with family and friends, and of course I have the rest of the photos to find for the Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. I'm fairly sure there will be a couple of day trips to the coast as well as well as meeting with friends for coffee and a chat. Oh, and picnics - there'll definitely be time for those!
It sounds a lot doesn't it but I have 77 days of leisure and all of this will only fill up about 20 to 30 days, so I'll have plenty of time for more sorting and organising, and most important of all, plenty of time to relax before I return to work.
What fun things do you have planned for the summer?