I'm Busy Doing Nothing!


Well, despite my good intentions any sort of a routine has gone out of the window and I've crossed very little off my to-do list. By very little, I mean absolutely nothing!
 
I should have been getting things listed for sale online and taking a couple of car loads to the skip for disposal. What I've actually been doing is playing with my new camera, meeting up with friends I haven't seen for a while and chatting on the phone with the ones who live too far away.
 
I'm trying not to feel guilty as it's a self-imposed to-do list, but the reality is that all the things on the list need to be done and no one is going to do it for me.  I also know that once this stage of decluttering/sorting/organising is over and done with, I will have all the time in the world to do exactly as I please and will be able to indulge myself without the guilt trip.
 
So, I need to get myself back on track. I said I was going to blog about it as that kept me motivated before, so that's what I plan to do; every day, except for the days when I have day trips booked, I'll be writing about what I've achieved on the decluttering/sorting/organising front. 
 
There!  I've said it.  Now I just have to get on and do it!

Comments

  1. I'm sure you will find the right balance during your break to get that which needs to be done, done and to enjoy doing those things you want to do like being with friends, etc. Sometimes it is nice just to do nothing on the list and enjoy a bit of life :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo of the sweet peas. Decluttering/sorting/organizing, I think, can and does require the right mind set. You will get there. What happy memories you will have from all your friend visiting. Have you ever read any of Peter Walsh's books on decluttering? I borrowed from the library and found his earlier book very informative and motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that you will get there, sometimes you just have to go off list in order to get back on to it. I am behind this week, but I will catch up in the end! Hope you do too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts