Photo Pairs

My car is in the garage for a service and its annual MOT so I stayed close to home for my pair of photos this morning.  Just to the road bridge over the Kennet and Avon canal which is about four minutes walk from my home, where I took these two photos ...
 
LOOKING LEFT & LOOKING RIGHT

 
It's a bit of a miserable day out there, so not the best lighting.  To the left (top photo) I can see the boatyard with the crane and beyond that is the yard where they hire out the boats.  Beyond that, if you follow the towpath you'll eventually arrive at Semington lock and then on to the Caen Hill flight of locks at Devizes.
 
To the right (bottom picture) I can see the boats which are permanently moored there and one visiting boat (the white one which appears to be turning across the canal, you may need to make the photo bigger to see it properly).  This is the part of the towpath I like to walk along.  It eventually takes you back into Trowbridge and then on to Bradford-on-Avon and then to Bath.
 
Thanking Helena, who organises the weekly Photo Pairs link up.

Comments

  1. looks a wonderful walk to have close by

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have walked along parts of this canal at different times. It make a great flat and interesting walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty area to walk and I bet that the view changes not only by season but by who and which boats are moored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky you to have such gorgeous scenery only 4 minutes from where you live

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat place to walk by!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't mind having this at the end of my garden! No excuses not to walk :o) I saw the K&A on the Timothy West/Prunella Scales canal programme last year and thought then that it seemed lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eileen, near your home the place with the channel is gorgeous, very Woody as I like. And around you can walk very healthily! Very nice all this in. Magnificent pair of pictures. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely view, I've done the turning a canal boat around and it is definitely a learned skill! So nice to have such a pretty walk near by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts