Five on Friday | Love the Little Things

A combined post this week, merging Love the Little Things and Five on Friday.
 
Read | I've just finished reading The Well by Catherine Chanter, the choice of one of the book groups I belong to.  It was a bit of a slow start but I'm glad I stuck with it, as in the end I really enjoyed it.  I've now started Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman; this one was recommended by my friend's daughter, but I haven't read enough of it yet to say whether I like it or not.
 
Watched | Last night I went to see an NT Live screening of Hamlet, starring Benedict Cumberbatch.  I'm still undecided about the actual staging of the play but he was absolutely amazing in the role.

Heard | I've been listening to the Undisclosed podcasts and the Serial Dynasty podcasts, catching up with the latest events in the Adnan Syed case. I admit to being fascinated with the case but a big part of my brain still struggles with the 'entertainment' value in a true life murder case. 
 
Made | Nothing out of the ordinary ... chilli, chicken casserole, fish pie and some homemade pizza. 
 
Worn | I seem to be wearing the same things all the time and I'm fed up with it.  I've decided that once I finally stop work, I'm going to treat myself to a whole load of new clothes more suited to my new lifestyle!
 
And Lastly ... I have a busy weekend planned.  I'm off to the 'Warner Bros Studio Tour: The Making of Harry Potter' tomorrow, and on Sunday I'm doing a photo walk with friends and then meeting with other friends in the evening for our monthly quiz night.  Hope you all have a good weekend. 
 
Thanks go out to Amy, who organises Five on Friday, and Morgana, who organises Love the Little Things.

Comments

  1. I hope that you enjoy Harry Potter, be sure to let us know what it is like!! The production of Hamlet sounds great and I really like your plan to buy yourself a new wardrobe when you retire. My wardrobe could do with a revamp too! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing the difference in attire that you need once you retire, my clothes these days are very casual. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, yes I agree about the clothes situation. I used to work and when I stopped I wore my "work clothes" to church. Right now, I don't do either so my clothes are very casual. It will be fun buying a new wardrobe I'm sure! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend, enjoy!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hamlet is one of my favorites of Shakespeare's plays and I would enjoy seeing the presentation you mentioned. Sounds like good books and TV shows as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all sounds interesting and good. I do like Benedict Cumberbatch, I have a dvd here ready to watch.
    I liked the way you listed what you have done - clever idea that!
    Hope you enjoyed Harry Potter studios, and your day with friends taking photos. What a great weekend you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just popped over from Five on Friday. I love those live theatre screenings, they are a fab way to bring the theatre to those of us who can't get there easily. Hope you have enjoyed your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep meaning to go to a NT live screening but it never seems to happen! Must try harder! Hope you had a fab time at the studio tour xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts