Me on Monday


Me on Monday ... is having an up and down sort of day.  Getting the downs out of the way first - I got soaked getting from the car to my first school and again when leaving, so I've had to come home to change my clothes.  I'm also struggling with technology today; the iPod jammed during my first lesson so I've had to manage without backing tracks, and now I've tried to reset it at home but the computer doesn't seem to be able to recognise that an iPod is attached.  It's a problem for tonight I think!
 
There have been some ups to compensate though.  I went out in the garden, between rain showers, to take the photos for 5 in 5 and found that one of the clematis has a couple of flowers. This one didn't perform very well at all this year back in the spring when it was supposed to flower so this is a bonus, though I hope it doesn't affect next year's show. I've arrived home to some lovely mail from friends who live abroad; I've had a quick look but I'm saving them to read when I get home later this afternoon.
 
I had a quiet weekend.  Apart from band practice, when we had another two new starters, I didn't do anything much. We'd stayed behind after the children left to sort out some of the music but I kept feeling faint so had to go on home and decided that I needed to take it easy.  I was supposed to do a photo walk yesterday but that was cancelled at the last minute which I was quite relieved about as I wanted some time to myself.  I've been reading mostly, but also writing a couple of letters to penfriends and planning a series of photo projects for myself.  I also had a think about possible prompts for the Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt (before I liaise with Joy), but haven't got very far with that yet. 
 
Linking with Sian at From High in the Sky.

Comments

  1. Doesn't sound fun to get soaked like that; good that you had a bit of an opportunity to go home and change clothes!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a Monday I can recognise. I had to change my jeans after I only went out to buy milk. My coat dripped onto my knees in a very extensive way. And now I've turned my laptop on to discover it is running very slowly indeed. Argh! We can only hope the week improves from here. Have a good one Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a huge box of books, my lunch, a cup of tea and an umbrella wedged under my chin in an attempt to stay dry from the car to the classroom - I hope you weren't too uncomfortable until you could change.
    A winter photo challenge - ooh sounds exciting, I can't wait x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep repeating that technology is our friend (lol) I am so glad that the clematis flower was out there waiting for you. Being soaked through is a most uncomfortable feeling. Oh that faint feeling - not pleasant, hoping it was just that you needed a sit down rest and cup of tea. Sending happy thoughts for a up rest of week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got rather wet on our dog walks today, I prefer the cold sunny mornings. I hope you have sorted out your technology and that you are feeling better now. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I hear you say Winter photography hunt? Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your week stays on the upswing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds as though it was a kind of up and down day. I hope that today has been nothing but an up day! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts