Me on Monday

 
Me on Monday ... ready for my bed after a long day at work following a hectic, but brilliant weekend.
 
Saturday was Harry Potter day!  Months ago, I booked myself on to the tour of the Making of Harry Potter at the Warner Bros Studios, using the local coach firm again, and I've been looking forward to it ... so much so, that I was worried that it wouldn't live up to my expectations but it was all I was hoping for and more.  Highlights of the day include seeing the original concept art, the wand making demo, the animatronics (especially Buckbeak!) and that feeling of wonder as we all walked into the Great Hall at the start of the tour.  It was amazing but I won't say any more about it for now as I plan to write a post about it.
 
Sunday's events had both been planned for a while as well.  The afternoon was one of the photo walks with the camera group; this one was a workshop, led my myself, to help the less experienced members of the group understand the basics of photography (composition, aperture, focus, and exposure).  We met in Lacock and spent a very pleasant couple of hours wandering around the village together; spending time like this with people who share the same hobby and understand what you're talking about is a fantastic way of relaxing.
 
Sunday evening was spent with friends in The King's Arms, puzzling our brains over the monthly charity quiz.  We didn't do so well this time, let down by our lack of knowledge on the picture round, which was scary characters from films; we recognised most of them but couldn't get the character name.  Still, it was fun, lots of chat, plenty of laughs, so a good evening all round.
 
Today I've been teaching all day.  It was tough going as the children know that they break for half term in three days time, so were on the downward spiral in terms of behaviour.  It made for a very long day!  Tonight, I've tidied the kitchen (long overdue!), cooked a warming meal and will settle down to listen to some music, then maybe watch something on the TV. 
 
As for the rest of the week, I'll be teaching tomorrow afternoon and then my half term break starts. I'm going to the Odeon Screen Unseen tomorrow night, going to a board games night on Wednesday and will be meeting Joy for lunch on Thursday.  It should be a fun week.
 
Linking with Sian at From High in the Sky.

Comments

  1. SO very envious of your tour of The Making Of Harry Potter. Looking forward to photos & more about the tour. Hoping you have a great week ahead & especially enjoy Wednesday's board game night & Thursday's lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has done the Harry Potter studio and loved it. As a huge fan of books and films I ought to add it to my list of places to visit. Glad you enjoyed it. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend - enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that Harry Potter was so good and that you enjoyed it so much, I look forward to your post!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend and a great week ahead planned!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to hearing more about your Harry Potter trip. I won't say I am jealous but...... I love Lacock too. I bet it looks good at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time you've been having. It seems ages ago you told me you had booked Harry Potter tour, so glad your patience paid off and you enjoyed it so much.
    When we met you told me about Meet-Ups Eileen and I discovered some good ones locally. I attended my first one tonight and I met a great group of people. They told me of other things going on locally so I'm excited about all the new doors that are opening. Thanks for the info! I believe your camera group is a Meet-Up. These are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry Potter tour definitely on my todo list - look forward to hearing more. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to do the Harry Potter tour, so I'm looking forward to a full report. Hope you have a great half term break. We're nearly there..Thursday is Formal night and then there is a week of holiday.

    Don't forget to wish everyone a good week (or at least something nice in it. I'm always aware that not everyone's week is going to be an easy one) as you Monday. We want to give everyone a lift if we can, no matter what they have in the days ahead

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did have a busy weekend! The Harry Potter tour sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Harry Potter tour sounds really interesting. I'll have to see if we can fit it in when we're over there next summer. Hope you have a great weekend this weekend and looking forward to hearing about it next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts