Thankful Thursday

Throughout the month of October I'm joining in with Mary-Lou's 31 Days of Thankful.  Here my record of the past week.


Friday Oct 9th | I am thankful for an unexpected gift of home grown chillies. A lady I don't know very well had heard that I was starting to cook my own curries and picked a selection of different chillies she'd grown herself for me to use - an unexpected kindness that meant so much more than the monetary value of the gift.
 
*
 
Saturday Oct 10th | I am thankful that the final reminder of all the paraphernalia we purchased in response to my late partner's declining health has now gone.  I've finally sold the remaining rise and recline chair and the relief I feel at its departure is immense.
 
*
 
Sunday Oct 11th | I am thankful for all the efforts by professional genealogists, The Church of the Latter Day Saints and so many amateur genealogists to convert hundreds of years of family history documentation, providing easy access to the online genealogy records which allow me to trace my family trees in the comfort of my own home. 
 
*

Monday Oct 12th| I am thankful that my Monday schools have been receptive to the requested change to the schedule.  I now have a later start and only have a 45 minute wait between schools rather than the previous 3 hour wait.  So much better!
 
*

Tuesday Oct 13th | I am thankful that I've heard from a blogging friend I haven't seen for ages, and that we are meeting for lunch next week.
 
*

Wednesday Oct 14th | I am thankful to hear that another blogging friend has completed the course of treatment and is looking to the future with positivity.

*

Thursday Oct 15th | I am thankful for a beautiful October day with a blue sky and fluffy clouds, and for having the time to be out and about and enjoy the autumn changes.
 
Many thanks to Mary-Lou for organising this.

Comments

  1. What a lovely thoughtful gift. A thought like that keeps on giving, doesn't it, because then the recipient often feels inspired to pass a little something on to someone and brighten their day too

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat to write the thankfuls like this, do good to be grateful.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindness from unexpected sources is one of my favourites. Oh yes the online genealogy resources are fantastic, although I must admit I currently am at a wall in researching my Grandmother's (maternal) side. Yes sometimes moving reminders on to a new life is very freeing in spirit. Thank you again for joining me on this jaunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More great things to be thankful for! I am glad that you have many things to be thankful about. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely post. I like the idea of gratitude and thinking about ways I am thankful. It is said to help with positive thinking and out health, even more reason to keep it up! In the past I made notebooks to sell, inviting the writer to record 3 things they are grateful for every day.
    We never did exchange curry and bread making recipes. I must remember to seek them out..... and what a lovely gesture from the lady with the chilli's. Such thoughtful can make such a difference to our day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't agree more with the genealogy help - I can't imagine the work that must have taken to get it all online so that we can sit comfortably at home and follow our families.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts