Thankful Thursday

Throughout the month of October I'm joining in with Mary-Lou's 31 Days of Thankful.  Here my record of the past week.


Friday Oct 16th | I am thankful for the sanctuary of my own home, that I have heat and fresh water, warm clothes and shoes, and plenty to eat and drink. The more I watch the news or read the papers, the more I am aware that this is not the case for so many people.
 
*
 
Saturday Oct 17th | I am thankful for the opportunity to enter one of my favourite fantasy worlds - Hogwarts and everything that is Harry Potter. A wonderful chance to let my inner child to the fore for an unforgettable experience in the company of hundreds of like minded people.  Such a fantastic day!
 
*
 
Sunday Oct 18th | I am thankful that I live in such a wonderful area.  I spent the afternoon taking photographs around Lacock with the camera group and, as happens every time I go there, I was struck once again by just what a beautiful village it is.
 
*

Monday Oct 19th| I am thankful for the surprise gift of home baked bread from someone that I've only met twice, but who I'm sure will become a good friend.
 
*

Tuesday Oct 20th | I am thankful for the half term holiday which starts today.  It's been a long term and I'm ready for the break.
 
*

Wednesday Oct 21st | I am thankful for a relaxing evening spent in the company of good friends.  Lots to chat about and plenty of laughter; a great way to recharge the batteries!

*

Thursday Oct 22nd | I am thankful for days like today; lunching with a blogging friend who I haven't seen for a while and who gifted me a yummy pot of mango chutney, catching up with all our news, and agreeing the list for the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt.  Treating myself to some new plants! Completing my 1, 2, 3 list for the day, and now having the rest of the day to do whatever I want.  It's been a thoroughly enjoyable day. I know that I'm lucky to be able to live like this and that not everyone has the luxuries that I take for granted.
 
Many thanks to Mary-Lou for organising this.

Comments

  1. It is always good to be grateful for what we have indeed, realizing so many others are not as fortunate as us. I lived in a house (long story) for 4 years that I despised until one day I realized that at least I have a roof over my head. I never really liked the house, but at least was grateful for it and in selling it, now it has helped us move forward with our plans. Sounds like you have had some lovely days over the past few ones :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eileen for joining in with me on Thankful Thursdays. I too am thankful for JK' Rowling's Harry Potter, as I am also so thankful for the world J R Tolkien created - I do believe the two worlds are within each other. Yes a home that shelters us is truly a big thankful on my list. Hoping that your half term break gives you lots of peaceful adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True friendship really is priceless, isn't it? I'm starting to wonder if Lacock may have an Ella-shaped hole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good things to be thankful for are a blessing aren't they. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts