What's Happening in My World

I had no idea what to blog about today until I came across this meme on Gail's blog, which she found over on Kenlie's blog. Thanks go to both of you for the inspiration!
 
1 | What's the title of the last book you read?  The last book I finished was The Well by Catherine Chanter.  This was a book group choice and not my usual genre but, although it took time to get into the story and I wanted to give up, I ended up actually enjoying it.  We haven't discussed it yet so I don't know what the others thought of it.  I'm now reading Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman which was recommended to me by my friend's daughter.
 
2 | What's the last thing you cooked at home? A roast dinner - roast pork and all the trimmings.  I'll be out all day tomorrow and didn't want to miss out on my Sunday lunch, so I had it today instead!
 
3 | What is your favourite thing about fall? It has to be the colours - all those photo opportunities, not that I've had much time so far this month.  If I can have two favourites, the other one is that it's time to get all the pumpkin recipes out again - I love pumpkin soup.

4 | Share one thing that challenged you at some point over the past week. That would have to be the problems I'm having with Blogger and with accessing other blogs.  Many thanks to all of you who commented yesterday; it seems that lots of you have similar problems, which in a way made me feel better about all the frustrations.  Today, I can't access any blogs via a linky but if I use my dashboard and go to the profile of someone who has left a comment on my post, I am able read their blog but cannot get the box to leave a comment for them.  It's driving me mad! I still think I'm better off staying with Blogger for now as Wordpress comes with it's own unique frustrations (which I discovered when I set up a WP blog to record progress towards the photography degree).  Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 yet?  I'm wondering if I should do this and whether it will solve, or add to, the issue.
 
5 | List 3 hobbies that you actively pursue or want to pursue. Photography has to be my number one hobby.  Can I count reading as a hobby?  That's number two, then.  And for number three, I'd have to say playing with the youth band on a Saturday morning.  All three are actively pursued.  Three more that I want to spend more time on once I retire are watercolour painting, genealogy and quilting.
 
6 | Have you started Christmas shopping yet? I've got as far as making a list but I haven't done any of the shopping yet. I want to get it all done by the end of November though, before the band's Christmas commitments start taking over my life!
 
7 | Share 3 things about the person you last spoke to today. That would be K, my friend's third daughter.  She is one of the most caring people I know, has a fantastic sense of humour and she loves reading just as much as I do.
 
8 | Do you remember your dreams? Not very often.  I sometimes know that I've been dreaming but can't remember very much of it when I wake.  I think I dream in black and white.

Comments

  1. My Brian would be proud of you. He hates missing his roast and likes to have it on the Saturday if he can't have it Sunday! Your blogger issues are really frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting list. Might try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had pumpkin soup for the first time today; so tasty!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not having any trouble seeing other people's comments boxes, though some bloggers have had trouble seeing mine, and I haven't upgraded to Windows10. So it might not be that. (Just a thought in case you wanted to hold out a bit longer, as I do)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I was able to help you come up with an idea for your blog today. I too am worried that windows 10 might cause issues - mine are commenting from my typepad account to blogger blogs. Also not sure if other programs (like quicken and PSE) might have issues with it. Have you tried pumpkin muffins?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts