I'm joining in with Amy's 'Five on Friday' and because it's the first week of the month, I'm sharing five intentions about what I hope to accomplish during November. But before I do that, here's the update on my October list:
- Start playing the piano again - a miserable fail! Mainly due to me not making a conscious decision to allow time each day for this to happen. It's a post-retirement thing now, when I'll have no excuses at all.
- Get in the kitchen and try some new recipes - done
- Get in touch with an old friend I've lost contact with - in progress. I've emailed a couple of friends but am waiting to hear back from them.
- Get some quotes for the bigger work I'd like to do in the house - I've started on this but am still sourcing electricians and someone who is gas safe qualified to remove a gas pipe in the living room.
- List a minimum of five things for sale on eBay, Gumtree or Amazon - I didn't actually list anything but I have actually sold more than five things through word of mouth, so I'm counting this one as a success.
So, onto my November intentions:
One | Complete three Christmas shoeboxes and deliver them to a local collection point.
Two | Create my Advent calendar, ready for next month. I'll write about this in a separate post!
Three | Rearrange the living room to see if I like the new placement of the furniture. This is a 'try it and see' before I commit to ordering the new sofas, chairs and cupboard/unit. It's also about trying to work out how I want to use the room in the future.
Four | Complete my Christmas gift shopping and write all the cards, ready for posting.
Five | Investigate 'what's on' in this area during the daytime, ready for when I've stopped work.
I'll review my progress in the first week of December.
Thanks to Amy for organising this.