Advent Calendar Door 5


Today's selection from my Advent Calendar was another activity - to watch the 'Top 50 Christmas Number 1s'. I do this every year - it used to drive Ced nuts!!! - but I love it.  I only have Freeview TV and there wasn't one of these programmes on today so I've relied on YouTube and have been sorting through the various videos on there.  I couldn't find all the Christmas number 1s but I'm not too disappointed as I'll now get to watch them all over again when they're on TV!
 
It's been the perfect thing to do this afternoon after a cold, tiring morning playing carols in the town centre.  We played for two hours, which is a long time for the adults let alone the children; it was blowing a gale, so music pegged to the stands and parents tasked with catching the stands when they blew over ... it all added to the fun!!  The children played well, hot chocolate for all at the break, and the collection money exceeded our expectations, so (even though I hadn't wanted to get out of bed) it turned out to be a good morning. 
 
Linking with Julie @ Julie's Scrapbook.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a dreary day to be out performing; but sounds like all were troopers about it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it wasn't raining. It's easy enough to cope with windy conditions but it's just miserable when it is wet.

      Delete
  2. You were all very brave to be out in this weather for so long, that hot chocolate was well deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done all of you for turning out, I am sure those that heard you appreciated it and enjoyed the music. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two hours is a long time to play, I have done that many times in a howling gale chasing music and stands. Well done to the children for keeping going. Hot chocolate is always welcome during the break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We let the younger ones and the less experienced choose to play for only an hour if they wish although surprisingly the majority of them chose to stay for the full two hours this year. We always rest them between carols when they switch to shakers and tambourines to accompany the rest of us.

      Delete
  5. Hope you all warmed up after playing for two hours
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photo and I like the idea of watching all those christmas number 1's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts