5 in 5 | The Garden in April

The garden is sadly neglected!  There, I've admitted it.  I've been concentrating on the changes in the house and trying to sort out the remainder of my late partner's possessions so haven't really done all that is needed to keep the garden looking its best. It shows!  I have to stay in today for the delivery of the new kitchen appliances, so I toddled around the garden to find my five photos for Sandie's 5 in 5 and, at first glance, I struggled to find enough things to photograph.

Nature, however, is able to overcome my neglect and although it looks like some plants haven't made it through the winter, there are plenty of signs of new growth for this year.

The lupins, holding raindrops and turning towards the sun.



My favourite clematis which was damaged in one of the winter storms has survived and is getting ready to flower.


The summer snowdrops are in flower ...



... and I was delighted to see that there are still some daffodils ready to open.



The neighbour's honeysuckle has grown back over the fence.  I may leave it for a while as there is nothing in that part of the garden yet, so it will give me some colour to enjoy. 


Thanks go to Sandie for organising this monthly link up.

Comments

  1. My garden is also in need of some attention but it is lovely to see plants coming back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That summer snowdrop is really pretty!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart fluttered when I saw the lupin Eileen. My garden was once cottage like with borders of flowers that included lupins. When I started full time work I had to make it more labour savings so big changes were made and my garden lost it's soul. I immediately felt the impulse to restore it, the drop of water in it's leaves bought back happy memories. I hope you find time to get out into your garden as I know it is something you love.
    Thank you for taking part and making me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it good to see things growing and flowering again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My garden has barely begun to show any sign of life, but it's going to need some serious time very soon! Your lupin is lovely; it's one of my favorite flowers, but the deer have gotten to several of them in the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts