Five on Friday | The Little Things

Read | I haven't read any new books this week but I have been reading through music scores to find some new music to play.

Watched | I went to see Bastille Day (excellent film) and also the Shakespeare Live event to celebrate the 400th anniversary.  I wasn't sure what to expect but thoroughly enjoyed it, although ... am I the only person who thought it would have been better without Catherine Tate?  I also started watching 'Undercover' and 'Hinterland' on iPlayer. 

Heard | I went to see Altan, an Irish folk group, at the Wiltshire Music Centre earlier this week.  I was overtired and not really looking forward to it, but in the end, it turned out to be a brilliant evening.  A group I'd definitely go to see again if I ever have the chance. 

Made | I've made room in my wardrobe for some new clothes.  I did the 40 items to charity for Lent but I've carried on sorting and have let lots more things go.  It's time for a change now I'm retired - I don't need as many outfits for when I'm teaching but do need a lot more casual clothes.

Worn | I've worn a lot of red this week.  It seems to have suited my mood!

And Lastly ... I'm off the see Sean Lock (the comedian) at the Colston Hall in Bristol later tonight.  I've had the ticket for ages and I'm excited to see him live ... hope he lives up to my expectations!


Thanks to Morgana for organising the Little Things, and to Amy for organising Five on Friday.

Comments

  1. This is probably sacrilege but I think most things would be better without Catherine Tate. I too have sorted my wardrobe this week, although I've only passed on around 10 things. If I gave away 40 I'd have very few clothes left! and red seems to have been the right colour this week. I think it's because the weather's been so cold. Red is much warmer to wear, I think.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy week for you, but filled with such music, laughter & joy. Red is a wonderful colour & they say it is a colour of power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair, I am not a fan of Catherine Tate either. It seems to be the season for a sort out of the wardrobe although Winter clothes have certainly not been packed away with this strange weather we seem to be having. Enjoy your show this evening, hope it lives up to your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hinterland ..was it just me, or was it very hard to get into? I hope they bring back another good Scandi crime for Saturday night again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy this week out and about :) Always good to get rid of things too. Hubby is finally unpacking boxes we moved a year and a half ago and he is starting to realize he needs to perhaps downsize a bit which I think is a great thing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed your musical evening and that it was better than you thought it might be. That is a good outcome isn't it. Catherine Tate isn't my favourite, but I haven't seen this film so cannot comment. Hope you enjoy your comedy evening, a good thing to look forward to! Thank you for joining Five On Friday, I hope you have a fun weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cultural week! Red is good for the spirit, especially on cold and rainy spring days :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snap! I have been sorting my wardrobe this week as well and discarding clothes that are now too large for me - they are going to aid cancer research. I am glad you enjoyed your musical evening more an you thought you would. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy Sean Lock tonight and hope he's as funny live as on the TV. Have a fab weekend too #lmmhfiveonfriday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sou s like an interesting week. Don't ha e a he who Catherine Tate is, but I'll take your word that she was superfluous. Always enjoy live music. I've bee donating clothes too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like it's been a busy and interesting week! I love going to watch live music and plays though I don't seem to see either very often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and fascinating week of interesting things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find now I'm retired I live in casual clothes in are boots and jeans and out are skirts, tights and shoes. It sounds as if you had a busy and interesting week. I watched the Shakespeare Live event on television and quite enjoyed it, well most of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've had an interesting and varied week. Catherine Tate is unknown to me, but your post and the subsequent comments will have me looking her up after finishing here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to have a good wardrobe clear out and my so do my girls. I always feel better after doing it.
    Hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed Sean Lock xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts