Five on Friday | The Little Things

Read | I've read Telling the Bees by Peggy Hesketh.  I sort of enjoyed it but not sure that I'd recommend it as a 'must read' - it was a bit slow.  I've just started on The Lie by C L Taylor.

Watched | It's been a week for watching films.  I watched 'Jack Reacher' starring Tom Cruise on Netflix, which was okay but he just doesn't have the physical presence that the Reacher in the books is supposed to have.  I also watched 'Snow Cake' starring the late great Alan Rickman and it didn't disappoint - a lovely, thoroughly enjoyable film.  Finally, a night at the Odeon watching the brilliant 'Eddie the Eagle' film - a fantastic, inspiring feel good film - definitely one to watch.

Heard | I've listened to the radio a few times but can't think of anything I've heard that really stands out in my memory.

Made | I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen this week, bulk cooking to refill the freezer.  I've stuck to the tried and tested recipes for now - lentil and vegetable soup, chilli, bolognese sauce, shepherdess pie, chickpea curry, and tomato and chilli soup.  I'll wait until the kitchen is finished and then try out some new recipes.

Worn Blue!  It seems to have been the week for wearing blue.

And Lastly ... I'm off to Bristol tomorrow with Julie to see Mamma Mia at the Hippodrome.  We'll have an Abba CD on in the car so that we have a chance to sing along with all the songs to get us in the right mood ... can't wait!

Thanks to Morgana for organising the Little Things, and to Amy for organising Five on Friday.

Comments

  1. Oh Mamma Mia sounds amazing at the hippodome enjoy! I have been wearing a lot of blue this week too. Must be spring time. What a great idea to made bulk food and freeze it, makes for easier dinners I bet during the week. Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead. #littleloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week, have not seen the Alan Rickman, need to look it out and we as a family hope to see the Eddie film, just where to find the time. Enjoy Mamma Mia, I've been twice!!! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also enjoyed Jack Reacher but agree that Mr Cruise, although he did a fantastic job, is just too small a man to portray the character

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love Mamma Mia. Such a feel good show. Haven't watched that Alan Rickmansworth film, will have to seek it out. B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your trip to see Mamma Mia!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had a busy week in the kitchen too, restocking the freezer. Enjoy your trip to see Mamma Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you about Tom Cruise and the Jack Reacher film, we only made it part way through, just not believable. Love Alan Rickman in anything, he will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have had a good week. I like to make batches of things for the freezer too, so easy when you get home isn't it. Hope you have a great time this weekend! Thank you for taking part in Five On Friday, hope you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tom Cruise doesn't strike me as a good choice for Reacher (but I haven't see the film). Have fun watching Mamma Mia, it sounds like a great night out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Eileen, I think I'm coming over to your house for dinner next week. That list of dishes you made are calling out to me. Have fun at Mamma Mia and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny isn't it how some weeks you just head towards a certain colour? And the bulk cooking sounds very industrious, I need to do more of this :) have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to see the Eddie the Eagle movie, it looks like such a great feel good film. I was thinking of taking my 8 year old with me, what do you think?
    Hope you enjoyed Mamma Mia! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts