Five on Friday | The Little Things

Read | I finished reading 'The Kill' by Jane Casey.  It's the first time I've read one of her books but I will be looking out for others.  The Kill is the fifth book in a series featuring the same female detective so I'm going to look for the others and read them in order.  I also read 'The Never List' by Koethi Zan which was rather more brutal than I was expecting it to be.  I'm now reading 'Daughter' by Jane Shemilt.

Watched | I've watched the first two episodes of 'The Ghost Inside My Child' which tells the stories of children who remember a previous life. It's been fascinating to hear all the research that their parents have done to try to trace their child's previous life but I'm not sure that I'm totally convinced.

Heard | I've been listening to Heart radio as background music while I've been getting on with the decluttering but nothing stands out as worth a mention. 

Made | I've made the effort to empty the second bedroom so that it can be decorated before the new bookcases are installed. By the end of July it should all be done and I can start putting things away in the cupboards. 

Worn | All of my shoes look worn - they probably have been for ages but now I've noticed it, something has got to be done - I feel a shoe shopping trip happening in the near future.

And Lastly ... I'm seeing Les Miserables and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts 1 & 2 next week.  I am understandably excited!

Thanks to Morgana for organising the Little Things, and to Amy for organising Five on Friday.

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about shoes. Something this summer has shown me is that I have only one pair of waterproof shoes! Enjoy your shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to smile at the shoe comment, last week I wore the same pair of sandals every day despite having four other pairs of shoes in my suitcase!
    bon weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh shoe shopping, sounds wonderful and enjoy all your lovely trips out to 'see' various shows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les Mis AND Harry Potter and The Cursed Child?! You lucky thing! Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. `The Ghost inside my child' sounds interesting, I went to school with a girl who was convinced she had lived before. Les Mis and Harry Potter in one week, how fab! Enjoy your show shopping, my favourite sort, have a great weekend & week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too just notice my runners being VERY worn, so in the bin they went & a shopping trip indeed. Previous lives - umm really not sure I am on board with that - I certainly pray that we do not have to do this again ... I will say no more for now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your theatre trips next week. I love Les Miserables. It's one of my favourites. I had always wanted to see Miss Saigon and finally got the chance to go to the West End in London to see it. I cried. Really beautiful.

    I love Jane Casey books. Great mysteries/detective stories.

    I had to give in and buy some new shoes. My old ones are so comfy but a hole is coming in the sole and I don't want my feet to get wet!

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shoe shopping and Les Mis ... wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun week ahead next week! I bought The Daughter; I can barely put it down, LOL :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that seems like a great week ahead, all of those shows and shoes, does it get any better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shoe shopping is something I was thinking about today, I am not very good that that though because I have large feet and get impatient at the lack of choice I have. Hope that you have a great time at the two plays, they will be wonderful I am sure. Enjoy them! Thank you for joining Five On Friday, I hope you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm visiting from Amy's Five on Friday. I live in the countryside of Oregon, USA. I live in a 100 year old farmhouse and raise chickens and our son, DIL and 2 grandsons live with us. Great photos you posted! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post and pictures.I enjoyed Carol Sheilds book as well.
    Getting together with family for BBQ and swim party on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a fabulous time at your theatre trips. Yes go shoe shopping a lady can never have enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shoes are so fun to buy. You can gain fifty pounds and your clothes don't fit, but your shoes do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts