Five on Friday | The Little Things

Read | I finished reading 'I Saw a Man' by Owen Sheers. I bought this on the spur of the moment when I was in London and although I read through it really quickly I'm not sure that I can say that it really 'grabbed' me. I'm currently reading 'Little Boy Blue' by M J Arlidge.

Watched | I caught up with the latest series of 'Fake or Fortune?' and 'Eat Well For Less', both on BBC 1.  I'm constantly amazed by how much people spend on their weekly food bills and on how little cooking some families actually do.  I also watched the first four Harry Potter films (on DVD at home) and went to the cinema to see The BFG  .... all brilliant films.

Heard | 'The Archers'.  I don't know the characters properly and I keep forgetting to listen to it, but I like it enough to keep trying.  I'm sure that if I listen often enough I'll be addicted to it!

Made | I made progress on the second bedroom.  The room has been decorated this week (not by me I hasten to add, I paid for a decorator!) and the new bookcases will be fitted tomorrow. Then next week I can start finding places for the things I decided to keep.  I'm hoping to have it all organised and put away by this time next week.

Worn | I seem to have spent the week in leggings and baggy t-shirts, my preferred attire for decluttering/housework type activities.  These outfits aren't for wearing out though .... the world is not ready for that sight!

And Lastly ... Next week will be a quiet week at home for me. It's the school holiday so I have no teaching commitments and the band it also on a summer break. If the weather is good (but hopefully not quite so hot), I'll be pottering in the garden doing a much needed tidy up (in between putting all my chosen 'keeps' in the new bookcases). 

Thanks to Morgana for organising the Little Things, and to Amy for organising Five on Friday.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a good week, good luck with keeping up with the Archers, I'm off listening to them at the moment because I got so sick and tired of the Helen & Rob story line but I know I'll go back soon.
    bon weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chuckled out loud about your comment about leggings not for wearing out ...

    Certainly a busy week for you. Looking forward to seeing some before & after photos of your garden tidy up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy eat well for less and like you am amazed by what some people spend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had to cut our food budget a few years back for several years; it was amazing to see how much we had spent before going out to eat and that you can actually make good food at home for much less money. Seemed like it was a great week for you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always amazes me when people say they don't cook, how wasteful. I get sick of eating out when we travel and always look forward to a home cooked meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another who is captivated by "Eat Well For Less?". Don't know why because it is exactly the same every time but perhaps it's just the smug enjoyment of being proven right! Gosh it is shocking though what people needlessly throw away. And the blind brand loyalty - like a religion! (My top tip: Asda Shades toilet roll - best on the market!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got sidetracked and forgot the thing I actually meant to say, which was that the lady's reaction to the Yorkshire teabags was hilarious! I was in stitches!

      Delete
  7. That's quite a lot you've got going on. I haven't listened to the Archers in years - not since returning to Canada. I loved that little bit of the day. I'd make a cup of tea and just sit to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stumbled across the Eat Well For Less programme the other day and was surprised at how little people cook! I shall watch it again, just for my entertainment. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had a lot of enjoyable things going on this week - reading, television, even house-puttering - if that can be considered enjoyable! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post and the comments have inspired me to take another look at my food budget. I'm sure I can cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eat well for less always has me shocked at how much people spend and waste. Have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Fake or Fortune, but find it very stressful as it is a real life mystery and so often they encounter so many obstacles. It is fascinating to see how they unravel the mystery though isn't it. I hope that all is going well with the bedroom works! Thank you too for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great August and I look forward to seeing you again in September! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts