Five on Friday | The Little Things

Read | I finished reading 'Daughter' by Jane Shemilt - I loved it, definitely one to recommend.  I've also read 'A Spool of Blue Thread' by Anne Tyler - not quite what I was expecting but a pleasant read. I've just started on 'I Saw a Man' by Owen Sheers.

Watched | Earlier in the week I watched 'The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug' on TV.  I'm not enjoying the Hobbit trilogy of films as much as I did the Lord of the Rings trilogy - I feel that they've stretched the story too far and would have been better making only two films instead.  I was also lucky enough to see 'Les Miserables' and both parts of 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' on a short break to London this week - both shows were amazing. 

Heard | I listened to the commentary on the Original Sightseeing Bus Tour around London. I was lucky enough to be on a bus with live commentary - so much better than the recorded version.

Made | I made progress on ticking things off my 101 things in 1001 days list - that's three more things crossed off this week.

Worn | I've worn myself out!  It was way too hot in London this week and I feel completely drained of energy. I only have today to recover though, because ....

And Lastly ... I'm back up to London again on Saturday, this time for a tour of the Houses of Parliament. Not particularly good planning on my part, but this trip was booked months ago before I managed to get the Harry Potter theatre tickets. It's a coach trip so it won't be as tiring; no driving, no London Underground, just (almost) door to door service.

Thanks to Morgana for organising the Little Things, and to Amy for organising Five on Friday.

Comments

  1. Wow! you have been busy. enjoy the tour on Saturday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have been exhausted doing all that this week. It's been too hot even to sit in the garden reading! Enjoy your parliament trip. I went years ago and was fascinated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I bet it was hot in London this week but it sounds as if you stil had a great time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the book recommendations - I am checking our local library. I agree with you about The Hobbit movies. I really liked the book but 3 movies was too much & for me, as much as I like Martin Freeman, I just do not like him as Bilbo. Have fun touring parliament buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heat can zap one of energy especially if you aren't used to it. Sounds like a fun weekend ahead. I too finished Daughter. Very well written. Enjoyed it and might even read it again down the road.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is what I call busy, enjoy your tour on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a week of accomplishment! My to do list received no check marks this week. I admire your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Daughter too, found it emotionally draining though. We were in London too, just came home Monday---you're right, it was hot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the tour sounds wonderful, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are busy. Have fun on the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a 50 by 50 list that I have stalled on. I love the idea of 101 things in 1001 days... I read your list and you have great goals! Enjoy your tour! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's certainly a full schedule! I hope you enjoy your day in London.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh you have been busy! I really want to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I bet it was fantastic x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts