A few hours choosing books from the vast selection of secondhand books at Bookbarn International, all £1 each .... my idea of heaven!
Wednesday, 16 November 2016
Sunday, 6 November 2016
My first post in 39 days! I really didn't mean to be away for so long but life got in the way, as it has a habit of doing. The band is relocating to new premises and that's what's been taking all my time and energy, along with grant applications for the band, providing maternity cover at an additional school and continuing (very slowly) with the decluttering at home.
This is the first photo I've taken in that time ....
My camera has stayed in the cupboard and not seen the light of day. But! I've missed the photography and need to claim back time for myself - I'm feeling out of sorts with myself, nothing serious that a few pamper days won't put right, so this is a 'taking stock' post, listing how things are at the moment. The photo has nothing to do with the post, I just liked it and it was the best one I managed to take in the garden this morning.
- Making Christmas tree decorations with a musical theme. The band has been invited to provide a tree for the local Christmas Tree Festival and every band member needs to make a decoration or two, or five! There is a prize for the best decoration made by a child.
- Cooking soups, stews and casseroles for the freezer.
- Drinking way too much black coffee and not enough water.
- Reading 'The Key To It All' by Joanna Rees.
- Wanting the garden to be finished. It feels like another year wasted but I've finally found someone to do the hard landscaping at a price I can afford. I'd like it to be cheaper obviously, but it is what it is and will only get more expensive if I delay any longer. Hopefully, it'll be done in February so next year will be the year of the garden.
- Looking for some new clothes, suitable for teaching and for wearing out in the evening.
- Playing lots of Christmas carols. We're practicing the carols with the children ready for our December busking schedule. Sorry to mention the 'C' word!
- Deciding whether to continue with the blog or not. The fact that I'm writing this post gives you my answer but I may not be updating too often until the new year.
- Wishing that some warmer weather returns. I'm not very good in the cold!
- Enjoying a couple of trips to the cinema to see 'Doctor Strange' and 'Now You See Me 2'. I've also booked a seat to see 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to find Them' later this month.
- Wondering whether I'll be able to change the hinge on the fridge door or whether I'll have to get help. The door won't close properly because the top hinge has broken, so I've ordered a replacement and will try to fix it myself.
- Loving teaching Little Miss C to play the recorder. She is amazing and doing much better than expected. It's the high spot of my week.
- Pondering whether to do another 365 photo project next year.
- Considering where to go on holiday next year and looking for places of interest for day trips.
- Watching I don't normally watch much TV but this time I watched the entire series of The Great British Bake Off. I really enjoyed it so am a bit narked that it is moving to another channel and the inevitable changes that will bring.
- Knowing that I really need to go downstairs and finish the washing up instead of sitting here at the laptop, writing this post. I'm expecting visitors in about an hours time so I may have to shut the kitchen door so they can't see the mess!
- Thinking about Ced. He's been on my mind a lot lately, sometimes happy thoughts, sometime sad.