Day 5: A Happy Find!

First things first ... I managed to complete my 'steps' target yesterday! Mostly down to wandering around Matalan yesterday, although I did make my friend do three circuits of the car park with me last night after we came out of the cinema, so that I could meet my target! The film was 'Wind River', not one I'd have bothered going to see but it was excellent and we all gave it a positive review.

It's another 'at home' morning, waiting for a delivery. I've woken with a bad headache so am quite relieved that I don't have to rush around this morning. I've taken some tablets this time as I need to feel better for this afternoon ... I'm meeting Joy for coffee and I'll be walking to the garden centre where we're meeting, about a 30 minute walk each way. I haven't seen Joy since she relocated to Andover so I'm looking forward to catching up with all her news.

Today's photo is of a happy find in the garden this morning. I was looking at the next part of the garden I want to tidy up and discovered this crocosmia (lucifer) getting ready to flower. 


When I planted all the crocosmia earlier this year, the blurb on the packaging said that they wouldn't flower in the first year. They've all produced leaves which have been up for ages, but looking closely this morning, a few are now producing flowers. Better late than never!

Comments

  1. I have to admit, I read this and thought 'you are????' before common sense took over.😁
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am crazy! In my defence, we usually stand and chat for ages after seeing a film so instead we strolled and chatted.

      Delete
  2. That's the great thing about gardening. Finding the unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely to see you too, Eileen, we must meet up more often now I'm going to be closer to you once a week with Freya x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts