Day 19: 5 in 5

I haven't joined in with Sandie's 5 in 5 for ages so I'm sharing a set of photos taken during the Harry Potter Tour which were taken in a five minute period (well, sort of!) and are also for the summertime photo scavenger hunt.

These are possibles for no. 15 - something crafted from wood

quidditch score board
quidditch beater's bats
I thought this was the tower the goblet of fire stood on, but now I'm not sure. Any ideas?
Mrs Weasley's clock in The Burrow
a selection of wands

I didn't get out to the garden yesterday and it doesn't look like it will happen today either. Today's photo shows, amongst the raindrops, the berries forming on the honeysuckle.


I have to go into town later - banking and pick up a few bits of shopping to get me through the week, and then I have to finish the printing. The problem yesterday wasn't the printer but all down to lack of organisation on my part ... I ran out of paper! 

Tonight is the monthly book group, discussing 'The Forgetting Time' by Sharon Guskin. Last night with J and the girls was good fun. B cooked a chicken curry and I was sent home with the leftovers, so that's today's meal sorted. It seems to be the week for kindnesses - flowers from family as thanks for sewing the labels on school uniforms, a gift of apples from my neighbour's tree and an offer from another neighbour to sort out the gravel for me. It's currently stored in the garage but I'm desperate to have the space back, so he's going to solve that problem for me. We just need a dry day and that'll be another thing ticked off the list.

Comments

  1. As an avid list maker, it feels so good to have tasks & items ticked off the list. I think the stand for Goblet of Fire is a good guest - of course in the movie it is a fleeting moment before the cup is revealed & the magic of movie can make things look very different. I have created a Harry Potter similar photo hunt for myself & thankfully Mr Man is quite keen to help me. More to be revealed later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I enjoyed the Harry Potter books, I never became immersed in them, so I'm of no help. It's a great collection for 5 in 5 though. Off to look at my honeysuckle to see if I have berries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your photots Eileen and thank you for joining in with the 5in5 challenge this month. I love wood so these really appealed to me. The trip to Harry Potter looks so interesting, it's not somewhere I have been. It's good to be on the receiving end of kindness - I am sure it is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wooden artefacts - it's amazing how they can make them look so ancient and well used!
    I have read all the books and seen all the films, but I had to Google to find the answer to your question about the Goblet of Fire. Your item turns out to be the casket it was stored in, according to the Harry Potter wiki. In use, it seems to have been on top of a stone plinth - that's the bit I remember.
    Hope that helps. I am enjoying all your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this. I've just checked on YouTube and it is definitely the casket the goblet is stored in.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts