Day 22: A Surprise in the Garden


The gladioli have flowered! I thought they were blind but happily I was wrong. 

I went into town this morning to do a bit of shopping for the band and timed it completely wrong. It started off okay and then the heavens opened and I was drenched - not one item of clothing was dry! I squelched my way back home, dried off, and haven't ventured out since. Looking outside as it write this post, the sun is now shining and there is a small patch of blue sky but I'm not going to be tricked - one drenching today is enough for me - so I'll be doing the rest of my daily steps around the house.

I forgot to post my photos for Mary Lou's Take Three Thursday, so here they are on Friday. Three photos all showing domes, which is number 13 on the scavenger hunt list.

seen on the Harry Potter tour - the ice sculpture at the Yule Ball 

also from the Harry Potter tour (but slightly out of focus!), the domed lids of the potion bottles in Snape's classroom

taken locally, this is the blind house at Hilperton. A blind house is a lock-up.

In answer to a couple of questions from yesterday about all the instruments. Yes, they do fit in my car which is a renault clio - the seven smaller ones in the boot and the three large ones, plus my own instrument, on the back seat. Every time I do a workshop I load them into the car, unload at the school, reload after the workshop has finished (usually with help from children!) and then unload at home. And yes, it is tiring but good fun and I look forward to it every year!

Comments

  1. Oooh I share your excitement about the gladdies! I planted my bulbs very late and thought the plants were blind but like yours they have now begun to bloom ☺
    Also loving the domes, especially the top one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower. I like the colour & your photo has caught it at peak moment of blooming.

    Thanks for joining in with your threesome. I like the dome of Snape's bottles but the blind house is really quite intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great imaginative domes. It sounds as if you had what my Cornish grandmother and mother called a 'Saltash Rig'. Basically soaked through to your nether garments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts