Day 34: Family Tree

I've finished all the the presentations and workshops in the local primary schools for this term so fingers crossed that we get some new band members on Saturday. Then it will all have been worthwhile! 

I'm worn out from all the effort of the last couple of weeks so will be glad of a couple of quiet days before the weekend. I have to teach tomorrow and Friday but not for long each day and I don't have anything else organised, so will spend most of my time relaxing at home.

I didn't make it to the theatre last night. In the end I gave my ticket to a friend and spent some time instead with J as it was her birthday ... a much better end to the day. We're going out next week to do a proper celebration, so yesterday was just coffee, cake and jelly babies (!) and time to chat. 


The updated family tree software has arrived so I can get on with the research ... something to look forward to on the cold, dark evenings once the clocks change next month.

Comments

  1. Enjoy the peace & quiet of the weekend & have fun searching for those roots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that for Family Tree research. Would be interested to hear how useful you find it.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally used a much earlier version of it, recommended by a friend. It was linked to Ancestry and gave hints of possible matching records on the Ancestry system so was a real help in completing the research. Then the original company stopped upgrading the Family Tree software and lost the connection with Ancestry so I was looking for a replacement but didn't like anything else that was available. I prefer to use software on my laptop so that my family tree stays private, so opted to just continue with the old version I had even though the links/hints didn't work any longer. Last year the software was taken on by a new company, upgraded and the connections to Ancestry have been restored so I decided to purchase the new version (an upgrade was available but I want to transfer everything to a new laptop) and have been delighted with it so far.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts