At Home

It's a stay-at-home-and-do-some-chores sort of day today. I've cleaned the kitchen and dining room, have loaded the washing machine with the first lot of laundry, and am now taking a short break to write this post. That'll leave just enough time to clean the toilets and bathrooms before lunch.

This afternoon I need to get ready for tomorrow's band session. All of the children are attending for the full 3 hours and it's our games morning (similar to moving on day in primary schools) to allow the beginners to get to know their seating position in the bigger, more advanced band, and to allow all the children to get to know each other. This is a team building event and starts with the more advanced players teaching the beginners to play a new piece of music; usually successful but myself and the other adults are on hand to correct any mistakes! This is followed by various group games, lots of chocolate and sweets, and more noise than they ever make with their instruments!

Tonight will be a quiet night in and I think it'll be a good time to start watching the repeats of Doctor Who on BBC iPlayer. I need to have watched the Christopher Eccleston series before I next meet with A so we can compare notes.

Enough chat, time to attack the bathrooms ...

Comments

  1. I hope you have a good day & weekend. Your team building exercise sounds fun. I hate cleaning bathrooms so I always do first thing in the morning, get it out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s such a lovely day, I managed a couple of loads of washing dry on the line and a couple of hours to just sit and read, bliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very productive morning! A relaxing evening watching movies sounds like just the right thing, after all that house cleaning, and before tomorrow's band session! It sounds like the children will have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts