5 in 5 | Celebrating Art in the Garden

I'm joining in with Sandie's monthly 5 in 5 meme, where you are asked to set a timer for five minutes, take as many picture as you want in the five minutes and then choose five of those images to share.

I'm sharing five more images from the 'Celebrating Art in the Garden Exhibition' at Urchfont Manor. This is an annual event organised by the Friends of the Garden and their aim is, to quote from their catalogue of the event, "to foster public appreciation of contemporary sculpture and to fund bursaries for artists."  It was an excellent event, very cheap at only £5 entry, and in a beautiful setting - I'll definitely look out for it again next year.

I'll be honest and say that I didn't actually set a timer for the designated five minutes but the images I've chosen are all from the same part of the exhibition, so it's close enough ... probably!

The first two are the work of Alison Berman - 'House on Stilts' and 'Dark Horses'. There was something about the houses that really grabbed my attention and is one of my favourite pieces from the exhibition. If you look closely you'll see that the horses don't have legs and are suspended from the trees. I couldn't decide whether I liked it or not. 



The third image is of a sculpture by Dominic Clare and is titled 'Twist & Wiggle'. There were other sculptures by him which I preferred and which I'll show in another post, but I liked the curves in this one. I haven't really managed to capture the beautiful grain in the oak, so the image is a bit lacking!



This one is called 'Man Who Caught The Moon' and is a bronze by Giles Penny RWA. I love the simplicity of this one.



And to finish off, one of the pieces of hand blown glass by Lynn Baker. All different coloured glass 'cocoons' hanging in the tree ... simply beautiful.


A big thank you to Sandie for organising this meme. It's now been running for five year and Sandie is celebrating with a series of post over on her blog. Why not pop over and see?

Comments

  1. All of it is beautiful art but I must admit to rather favouring the horses - a great reason not to cut the grass so you don't notice the legless beasts. The glass cocoons are pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guessed you'd like the horses! Check back tomorrow as there may be another horse sculpture.

      Delete
  2. Interesting art exhibition and looks well worth a visit. I must look up where Urchfont is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s near Devizes. The exhibition finishes tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed seeing the garden art! I liked them all, but I think my favorite was the sculpted tree trunk! It is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely visit, Eileen. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of this beautiful art collection. I was intrigued by the horses and while they are in long grass they look fitting, but I don't know how they will be exhibited without this effect. I love the different textures and the carved tree is beautiful, I love wood grain and the flow of this carving. The blown glass must look beautiful in the sun, hanging from trees. I really enjoyed this visit with you - and thank you for taking part this month and joining in the 5 year anniversary celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love outdoor art exhibits, and it looks like this one was excellent. I'm drawn to "The Man Who Caught the Moon."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts