A Busy Few Days

Me on this very hot Monday is feeling completely drained after a busy few days. The band played in church yesterday and it was baking in there. I melted! I was expecting it to be refreshingly cool as we always freeze when we play there at Christmas, but no such luck! We sounded good though - the accoustics in the church really suit a brass band.

Saturday at band practice was also hard work due to the heat - it's not easy to play when you are perspiring so much that it's a bit of a challenge to keep the mouthpiece in place on your lips. One of the parents took pity on us a brought two large fans in to try to keep the temperature down in the practice room, which helped a bit.

On Friday I'd seen my doctor, collected my prescription and then went back home for some time in the garden. It was too hot to do much and it was a case of 20 minutes out in the sun and then back inside to cool down and summon up the energy to go back out and do some more. When I got fed up of playing that game, I settled down indoors and started editing the photos from Thursday.

Thursday was when I went to the 'Celebrating Art in the Garden' exhibition at Urchfont. I knew it was finishing yesterday, so I'd fitted in a quick trip and I'm really glad I did. It was excellent and I'll look out for it again next year. In the evening I went to watch a live screening of 'Everybody's Talking About Jamie' at the local Odeon. I didn't know anything about this, except that it's a musical,  but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd definitely go to see it again. 

Later this morning I'm off to play a few games of Rummikub with J and then it's back home to do a bit of housework, have some lunch (probably salad), and then an afternoon taking the garden rubbish and some stuff I've cleared out of the garage to the skip.

I've just sponsored my great niece, Little Miss C. When she was four years old she saw a TV programme where a liitle girl had lost her hair as a result of chemotherapy. She was very upset about this and when she found out that it was possible for people to donate hair so that poorly children could have wigs, she asked if she was allowed to do that. Well five years later, her beautiful red hair is long enough and she will be having it cut in about four or five weeks. I'm so proud of her. 


Comments

  1. Well done, Little Miss C. That is so very kind of you and I hope you raise a fortune - is there anywhere we can sponsor her too, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very generous of you. If you email me (details are on my profile page) I will let you have the sponsor details. I don't want to put them on this blog as I have one person who likes to leave very nasty comments (which I always delete) and I don't want to risk my family, particularly Little Miss C, being upset.

      Delete
  2. Well done to Little Miss C.

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled about the church being hot, only in the fact that ours was stifling & I sat by the furnace vent which was blowing cool air up from the basement, to all it seemed I had a strange smile during service! A busy few days & working outside in heat can drain you quickly. Bravo to Miss C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell Miss C that someone who also lost her hair due to chemo thanks her for donating her hair to the cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I will pass your message on. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts