This Week

Well despite feeling so tired yesterday, I ended up having a reasonably productive day - two loads of laundry dried and put away (didn't need ironing!!), the family bathroom tidied, and I caught up with some outstanding emails. I slept most of the afternoon, ordered and ate a delicious Indian meal (with left overs for today), and went to bed before 9pm. I must have fallen asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow and I've woken this morning feeling able to face the world again.

This week looks to be a busy week but not so busy that I'll be rushing around. Later this morning I'm off to play a few games of Rummikub with J and then I hope to get to Bath to take some photos. If it all goes according to plan I'll be stopping for a meal on the way, and will spend a couple of hours in the city looking for photos for the SPSH.

one of the climbing roses 

Tuesday morning I may go to an event in the village hall, organised by one of my neighbours in aid of a breast cancer charity. However, the big event of the day will be my last ever teaching session in a local school. At 3:00pm on Tuesday I will be officially retired!


this is the white climber with an identity crisis and a love of pink!

Wednesday will start with a haircut (at home) and then it will be the rescheduled Active Health Assessment at the gym.


I don't know what this is but it's pretty and is staying for now

Thursday I have friends coming round for lunch and then in the evening I'll be watching a live screening from London's Apollo Theatre of 'Everyone's Talking About Jamie'. 


the first pink leaves on the euonymus, earlier than expected!

I have a doctor's appointment on Friday and will probably need to do some shopping to top up the fresh fruit and veg. Saturday will be the usual band practice and then on Sunday, the band will be playing at the Civic Service in the Parish Church.

Written out like this, it sounds like I'm doing a lot but I'll have plenty of free time in between all the appointments and events. 

The photos were taken in the garden yesterday. 

Comments

  1. Lovely photos and a lovely week ahead too. I guess Tuesday might be bitter sweet for you but it will be good.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are so pretty especially the rose with leanings towards being pink. Your mystery flower almost looks like butterfly bush (Buddleia). Tuesday will certainly be one of those happy/sad days. Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly does sound like you've a week with at least one planned activity each day! I'd say you are starting off you retirement with lots of fun things scheduled! Hope your last day at work goes well. Best wishes on your retirement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts