Friday

I had a lovely day yesterday. I met with L for lunch, after which we went shopping. Clothes shopping is usually a bit of a trial, finding things to fit when you're only just over five feet tall and very overweight isn't that easy. However, we only went in one shop in the end where, from the sales rails, I bought four skirts, three tops and one pair of lightweight jogging bottoms (to wear to the gym), all of which fitted without any need for alterations. Well that's not strictly true as I will have to shorten the jogging bottoms! I also bought a lovely blue top in the next size down, which is currently a very tight fit so I now have a reason to lose some weight (but not until after my holiday!). The other new things will still fit okay when I lose some weight but will just be a bit of a looser fit.

I emailed the decorator asking for a quote and he phoned me yesterday evening to arrange to call in some time this morning to have a look at what I want done, so that's another thing ticked off the list. I need to look at carpets and furniture next but am not sure that I'll have time before I go on holiday so I just have to keep my fingers crossed that some of the stores will still have sales on when I get back. Either that or the carpet and furniture purchases will have to wait for the Christmas/January sales.

Apart from the decorator calling in, my only plan for today is to print out all the information I need/want for my holiday, choose which books to take with me, and make a start on the packing. I'll be away for fifteen days so will either need to take plenty of clothes with me or, take up the offer of the Airbnb hosts to do some laundry for me when I get to Liverpool on day nine. I need to check how much this will cost. I also want to buy some snacks to take with me so I don't have to resort to expensive room service if I get the munchies at night ... I don't know why I'm saying 'if' because I always get late night munchies when I'm staying away from home!

Comments

  1. Hope you have a wonderful holiday Eileen, you've certainly earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the estimate you get is one you will be happy with. You did great with your clothes shopping! It's funny how much we seem to have in common - I am just under 5 ft. tall and very overweight! :D Enjoy your holiday - I hope you'll be able to get some laundry done, while you are on holiday, so you can manage with fewer items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful holiday Eileen. I hope you really enjoy yourself. Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly scored big time in the shops - always nice to have new clothes for a holiday. I hope you have the most marvelous holiday, travel safe & I'm looking forward to hearing all about when you return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time away. I use AirB&B and have always been well looked after.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts