Holiday Day 11

Today was the transfer to Brecon. It started off well with a stop in Hale to learn about the 'Childe of Hale' (but more about that in another post) and then a long drive down through Wales to Brecon. 

As soon as I left Hale Village things started to go wrong - roads closed, diversions that were sending me round in circles, new roads just opened that the SatNav didn't recognise - I am calling this stage of the journey 'Ordeal by SatNav'. In the end I just ignored it and headed off in roughly the right direction accompanied by the SatNav advising me to 'turn around when possible'. When it started to give sensible directions I started to pay attention to it again.

It's rained on and off for most of the drive but I did manage a few photos ...



The grey sky gives an indication of the weather! In the end it took me about five hours including the stop at Hale and another one for refreshments, so not too bad.

I arrived at the HF House in Brecon to the news that I've been given a free upgrade to a premium room ... a wonderful surprise! I've ordered my evening meal and my sandwiches for tomorrow's packed lunch, and now have a couple of hours to relax until afternoon tea is served at 4:30pm. 

Comments

  1. We keep saying that we must go to the Brecon Beacons.Thank you for reminding me.All my family holidays were with CHA which,way back,was a rival to HF.My father was their accountant and so got a discount.Great memories of walks all over the country,wonderful company etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasn't everything greened over again so quickly and beautifully?
    It sounds like a terrible journey but what a fantastic end. An upgrade! Brilliant.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for getting there - I know how stressed and frustrated I'd've been feeling in that position - and hooray for the premium room!! Looking forward to reading about this last leg of your wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for free upgrade! Well deserved after your rotten journey. Lovely green photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I argue with the sat Nav all the time. I have been known to shout at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures of the countryside. Sorry your drive was so complicated, but you had a nice surprise at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts