Wednesday

I've placed all the orders for the basin and vanity unit, bath, shower screen, and taps. The toilets will be ordered once they start work and can see whether the pipes (currently boxed in) can be hidden. I've chosen and ordered the tiles for both rooms - aren't tiles expensive, especially when you choose to make a feature of the pretty mosaic tiles (which I did!) - and they will be delivered next Monday.

I've arranged for Dorothy House, a local hospice charity, to collect the remaining furniture next Thursday so, assuming they agree to take it all, the house will be cleared before I leave for my hols on the Friday. That gives me nine days to get organised.

Today's task is to move into the spare bedroom. There's a single bed in there and will be my bedroom until all the work is completed -  the kingsize bed in my room is one of the items for the charity collection. I still have to work out how to store my clothes in this little room. There is only the bed, nothing else, as I didn't want to buy the storage furniture for this room until the new carpets are down. I'm borrowing a clothes rail so that deals with anything that can be stored on a hanger, and winter clothes can go into black bags, so it's just a case of finding a solution for the things currently on the shelf in the fitted cupboard. The empty main bedroom will be their workroom. 

Finally, an update... Little Miss C had her hair cut yesterday. She's donating 12 inches of her beautiful red hair to the Little Princess Trust to be made into a wig for another little girl and she's raised an amazing £530 for them so far. She was really nervous about it but (luckily) loves her new hair style. We're all so proud of her.


Comments

  1. Good for Little Miss C - what a lovely thing to do.

    Tiles are very dear, I agree, but they do last a long time.

    Looking forward to some photos of completed work. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are moving along very nicely! Will the renovations be completed before you go on your holiday? I've been thinking of updating a few things in my house, too, but not yet. How wonderful that Little Miss C was able to raise so much money for such a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they won't be starting until the first week of September at the earliest.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts