And So It Begins ...

D (the plumber) arrived yesterday as promised. The aim was to install the pipework to fit an outside tap to the back of the house - it's currently on the front of the house for some strange reason - and to remove the fittings in the en-suite bathroom. 

This is a view of my bedroom, taken roughly mid way through the day. The toilet in the doorway is a big clue that the work was progressing as planned.


This is a look in the en-suite. It's a tiny room and I will be so glad to see the back of the dark brown tiles and the maroon paint. The toilet fits in that end of the room and the basin fits below the brown tiles you can see of the left of the photo. I stood in the shower to take this photo. All the new fittings will be installed in the same place but the tiles will be white with a border of coloured mosaics. The entire room will be tiled, floor to ceiling. I haven't decided on the colour for the flooring yet.


And here it is ... the tap installed on the back wall of the house. It is going to make life so much easier next summer when watering the garden will be less of a chore. I still have to buy a connector for the hose but the tap is working and I am happy! The water supply comes down from the en-suite via the boxed in area in the living room which was already in place to hide the the waste from the en-suite. There is now another tap in the en-suite so that I can turn off the water supply to the new pipe and drain it in the winter to avoid a frozen pipe.


As planned, he also drained the central heating system and removed the two radiators in the living in preparation for A (the plasterer) who is due on Tuesday. So all in all, a successful day ... and then it went wrong.

The electrician hasn't done the first fix for his part of the work which means that the plastering can't go ahead on Tuesday and, because of other commitments won't be done until October at the earliest. They'll be able to get on with all the rest of the work but this may impact on the decorating. I knew it was going too smoothly! I'm waiting on a phone call to tell me how they plan to get round this problem. I'm more concerned about the lack of heating than the delay to the decorating; I haven't put the heating on yet but the cold weather is due and I don't want to freeze.

Here's a photo of the euonymus displaying it's seasonal finery ... autumn is creeping in!

Comments

  1. Those leaves are such a glorious red. Wonderful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite plant, I love the colour.

      Delete
  2. Another person with building "issues", I feel your pain! It's driving me nuts here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful leaves. I feel your pain. Husband has dismantled the bathroom to fit new flooring and a new basin ........
    A light colour will definitely improve your shower room .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least with your husband doing the work you can supervise and set the timescale 😂

      Delete
  4. A bit behind with my reading - but I hope the delays in the work will be minimal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've got themselves organised and it's now unlikely there will be delays, thank goodness!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts