Friday

The talk at last night's Family History meeting was interesting but not what I was expecting. I knew it was about census records and the leaflet I had described it as ways of searching the records. It turned out to be a talk on the records which were created before the first official UK census. It was interesting and may be of use at some stage in my research, just not what I was expecting!

Today started with pouring rain but it's stopped now and there is a beautiful blue sky. I've just been outside to open the side gate and garage for D (so he can plug in his tile cutter) and it is cold ... much too cold for me to enjoy being outside today, so I'm pottering about indoors. I have ordered my new bed ahead of schedule so need to move some things around to make room for it. I'd originally seen this double divan bed, complete with memory foam mattress and headboard advertised online, really liked it but it was way too expensive for my budget. I was looking again yesterday and found the same bed, mattress and headboard, now in their clearance sale and marked down to £279 ... so I ordered it. I just have to make space for it all to be stored until the bedroom is decorated, probably at the end of November.

I also have to get on and read the book for the book group on Tuesday - 'I Am Missing' by Tim Weaver. I got myself confused about the dates so have only just started it and, of course, because I've left it so late this is a long book ... 516 pages. I'm on page 26 so guess what I'll be doing over the weekend! 

Comments

  1. Too bad the census records speech wasn't quite what you were expecting it to be, but, hopefully, it will come in useful, later. Your new bed sounds like a wonderful bargain! Hm, I don't suppose you'll be reading much, this weekend, then. :D

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bargain and I'm so pleased I looked at the site again. It has a memory foam mattress which is supposed to help with migraine headaches, something I suffer from so I'm hoping this proves to be the case.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts