Today's The Day!

The new furniture has arrived. All of it. At the same time! There were three massive delivery lorries blocking the road while they unloaded ... I have apologised to the neighbours ...

I haven't bothered to photograph the bed - imagine any white two-drawer double divan with mattress and headboard and you will be imagining my new bed. I also haven't photographed the new mirror for the bathroom (which was in the biggest lorry!), but I have photos of the new sofa and chairs for you. They look a bit odd lined up along the wall but I'll explain why later in the post.

this one of the sofa shows almost the correct colour of the fabric - it's 'stone'

the reading chair - so looking forward to cuddling up in this seat to get lost in a book!

the single chair, a different fabric and design but it tones in with the other two pieces of furniture
The workmen didn't turn up today. I was expecting them and haven't had an answer to my text so I'm not too happy as they were going to help move the furniture around. However, the delivery guys were great and fitted everything into the living room; it's the reason why the new seats are all along one wall as the bed was against the opposite wall when I took this photo. The old sofa is taking up a lot of room where the new reading chair needs to go, so it's just a case of living with it for the time being.

The divan base has since been moved to the dining room as I couldn't get it upstairs on my own. I tried to move the mattress upstairs without help but failed on the second bend in the stairs, so phoned my nephew for help. He wasn't in (typical!!) but his wife and the two girls came round to help and between us we got it upstairs out of the way. I then had the pleasure of a mini recorder concert as Little Misses C and H, mattress movers extraordinaire,  treated me to a performance of their latest pieces ... once they got their breath back.

Thank you all for your kind words and advice yesterday. I'm feeling a lot better now. As always happens, the head cold only lasted for 24 hours and has now gone on to my chest so I have a cough and my breathing is rattly but, at the moment, is not too painful. 

Comments

  1. It is fantastic furniture and the reading chair looks particularly tempting! Nearly there now.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're back at work today (Thursday) so the en-suite should be finished by tomorrow hopefully.

      Delete
  2. So glad your furniture arrived! It looks great - very comfy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very comfy. I've been trying all the seats!

      Delete
  3. It all looks so lovey & comfy ... I hate when tradespeople let you down with no notice & no apologies. Hopefully they are on the job early tomorrow & stay late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're back today so work is continuing. They offered to stay late but I turned them down as I'm off to a 5:30pm screening of Bohemian Rhapsody.

      Delete
  4. Lovely sofa and particularly love the reading chair! I am pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better. Snuggle up with a good book! The best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reading chair is the best bit! That was the one piece of furniture I definitely wanted in my revamped room.

      Delete
  5. Your sofas look lovely! That is a great color, too. I like my bigger, upholstered pieces of furniture to be a neutral color, so I can change the accent pieces as I like.

    I am hoping you will change your mind and post a picture of your bed, after all, for the benefit of those of us who have only the vaguest idea of what a double divan bed might be! My mother had a bed she used to call a divan, when I was a child in Sri Lanka, but it didn't have any drawers or a headboard, if I remember rightly. My daughter has an IKEA bed which has drawers under, but there is also a continuous "headboard" on three sides (head, side, and foot) and it pulls out to make two twin beds/one king size bed. Maybe yours is similar?

    Glad to read that you are feeling better, you had some help with the mattress moving (and was treated to a little recorder recital!), and the workmen showed up the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will photograph the bed for you but not for a while. It's still wrapped in plastic and stored in three different rooms so I take the photos when the bedroom is finished and the bed is assembled.

      Your daughter's bed sounds like the type of bed we'd call a 'day bed'. A divan bed doesn't always have storage so your mum's may have been the same type of divan as the one I've bought - headboards are optional.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts