Organising: Days 2 and 3

Day 2: The shredding is done! All of it! Every single last bit of it! Done!

Day 3: I didn't get round to the bulk cooking yesterday and it's unlikely to happen today either - I need the electricity to stay on all day before I make a start, so bulk cooking will have to wait for now. Instead, I'll be listing the audio equipment for sale. A local company is offering cash for old audio equipment so I'm in the process of playing 'hunt the audio stuff' to decide what can be disposed of in this way, assuming that the company will make an offer for all of it.

Once I've finished that, the rest of the day will be devoted to sorting out some band music folders. It's a nice easy, but time consuming, job and is another of those behind the scene tasks which will make rehearsals so much easier in January. It also removes two large plastic boxes of music from the house once it is completed, so an added bonus for me!

Tonight I have three friends coming round. We'll be sharing a takeaway and then sounding out new/different ideas for meeting up. I'll be offering to host film nights (which has already been agreed so we just need to agree dates, etc.) and also sounding out the possibility of 'bring and share' meals. It'll be interesting to see what the others come up with.

Last night was the girl's night out with Julie, Lauren and Sue, and the welcome addition of Kelsey (Julie's third daughter). We went back to the monthly quiz but didn't win this time, coming in 2nd! We did win a bottle of wine for scoring the most points in round 1 and a £10 token for the team name that made the question master laugh - we called ourselves 'We Peaked Last Time' (when we won). We now have £50 in vouchers so we plan to go early to the next one and have a meal before the quiz starts.

Comments

  1. Shredding, now there's a task I need to get on with. Your friends sound easy going, the crowd I hang with tend not to be so easy to get into agreement about dates or activities - the only thing we seem to agree on is politics! I like the name of your quiz group - definitely a chuckle out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreeing dates is getting trickier which is why I've invited them round. It will hopefully be much easier face to face with diaries in front of us, than trying to do 4-way texts/emails.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You are really making progress with all that paper sorting and shredding! Sounds like a fun evening with your friends and I hope you'll be able to sort out the dates for future get togethers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we managed to agree the details of the film night and decided that that'll be enough for this side of Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Well done, EIleen. Shredding is a boring task! And congratulations on the quiz successes. It sounds great fun.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shredding is right at the top of the list for boring tasks and I always make it worse for myself by putting it off and then having loads to do. I never learn!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts