Saturday Checklist

It's been a very productive day so far, although I doubt that I'll do much more now.

As it's half term there was no band rehearsal with the children today, so I met with two other members of the music team to sort out the mess that is the children's music folders. The aim was to make sure they all have the correct parts of the pieces we'll work on in January (we're on Christmas music until then), and to remove all the rest of the music ... all the additional copies because of 'I don't have that part/couldn't be bothered to look for it' ... and the unread newsletters which didn't make it home to parents ... and the order of service from last year's church services ... you get the idea! We'd only set aside two hours to do this so didn't get it all done but we've checked over half of the folders and next week I'll ask a couple of the  committee members to finish the rest. 

Back home for lunch and then I did a quick inventory of the small freezer in the kitchen and the store cupboard items. I already know what's in the big freezer, so next week I'll decide on the recipes I want to cook and then draw up a shopping list. 

Since then I've settled in the living room with the huge pile of band admin which is now sorted into the relevant piles. Thankfully most of it doesn't require my action so I can simply pass it over to the secretary for filing. I just have to file the instrument forms, print out various stock take/inventory forms, and then update the spreadsheet with recent transactions, probably a couple of hours work at most. Then I need to sort out the two boxes of music I brought home today to file the unused copies of the pieces, probably a day's effort but I won't do it all in one go. 

Tonight is a night in front of the TV, assuming there is something on worth watching, and if not then maybe curl up in my reading chair and finish my latest book.

Comments

  1. A very productive day, Eileen. Especially when compared to my day which has been spent mostly on the computer, blogging, etc.! A very relaxed Saturday for me. Spending the rest of it in front of the TV or curled up reading in your new reaching chair sounds like a very good idea! Hope you have a relaxing, enjoyable evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where all that energy came from ... I surprised myself but am so glad it's done!

      Delete
  2. now then, technology & I have made friends again. You have had a very busy day. Sorry I didn't post yesterday ... I think all things considered with what's been going on in your life, a few health things, renovations in your home, you have been very successful in getting things done. I admire you get & do attitude. You have some great winter activities planned. Yeah you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. The busy day yesterday has led to a 'do nothing' day today!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a busy and productive day and the evening sounds blissful. Are you enjoying your reading chair?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! The reading chair is so comfortable and I don't understand how I've managed without one all these years.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts