The Simple Woman's Daybook | Friday 16th November

FOR TODAY - FRIDAY 16TH NOVEMBER

Outside my window ... it's a grey day and is trying to rain.

I am thinking ... about the next (and final) stage of the home improvements. So far every room is painted white so I have the blank canvas to which I now need to add the colour. This is the exciting stage and I am thoroughly enjoying myself! 

I am thankful ... that I took the decision to retire. Even though I now have very few commitments, time is still precious and I am enjoying the challenge of making the most of it.

In the kitchen ... the freezers need to be refilled. I've already made the lists of the meals I want to bulk cook and have organised the shopping list but I can't get started until they stop switching off the electricity at numerous times during the day. The improvement work is the priority so the cooking will have to wait until they are finished ... hopefully within the next two weeks.

I am wearing ... my winter dressing gown - blue towelling and very cosy. I didn't set the alarm this morning as the workmen won't be in until later, so slept in and haven't really got my act together yet!

I am creating ... ideas for the garden, which will be the big project for next year.

I am going ... to drive over to Corsham later today to take some more band instruments for repair.

I am wondering ... whether I need to find another person to complete the decorating. The work the current one did in the living room isn't really up to standard, so I may go back to the man who decorated one of the bedrooms last year.

I am reading ... 'London Calling' by James Craig, which is the choice for the December book group meeting. I've only just started it.


I am hoping ...  that my next visit to the doctor results in a reduction of my blood pressure medication. I'm keeping fingers crossed as this will indicate a significant improvement in my health.

I am looking forward to ... band practice tomorrow. The new beginners are good fun and quick learners, and it's a pleasure to spend an hour with them every week. We have a lot to pack in tomorrow morning - recap of last week, quiz, learn a new note and two new tunes, and celebrate one boy's 8th birthday. 

I am learning ... to use some of the more advanced features of Lightroom (my photo editing software). Progress is slow!

Around the house ...  It's organised chaos! The en-suite is finished (except for the flooring) and they have started on the family bathroom and the airing cupboard. The main bedroom is still their work room and every other room in the house is being used to store boxes, linen and furniture.
   
I am pondering ... how I feel about the demise of my iPad. I haven't really reached any conclusions yet as it's still early days but have noted that I am now more productive and am sleeping better.

One of my favourite things ... playing Christmas carols. It's that time of year again and we are currently playing through all the carols with the children in preparation for our Christmas season which starts on November 24th with the Shopper's Carol Service in the Parish Church.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... I'll be going to see the second Fantastic Beasts film on Monday, the second Mama Mia film on Wednesday, a Family History meeting on Thursday and the Film Society on Friday. I have medical appointments on Thursday and also have a couple of coffee mornings to fit in. The workmen will be here every day but I can happily leave them to it while I get on with my social life!

A peek into my day ... a drive to Corsham with the instruments and then, if it stays dry, will take some photos.

A favourite quote for today ... "It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not", Denis Waitley

Comments

  1. I love this post! Lots of things going on, seems good to write them all down and think about them. I'm trying to learn Lightroom too. I think about giving up, but keep plodding along. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Lightroom and up to now have found it to be very easy to use. This gave me a false confidence and I started looking at features that I have ignored so far ... and met my match!

      Delete
  2. A great catch up with your plans & what's on now. I like your quote - need to ponder on that for a bit. I started playing Christmas carols last night as the heavy snow fell - we woke to over 15 cm of heavy wet snow - looks so pretty ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... well we're expecting lots of pretty snow photos from you then!

      I keep coming back to this quote ... it does take some thinking about.

      Delete
  3. I love these "Day Book" posts. Someone else whose blog I read does them every Monday. You are going to have a busy week, ahead of you, but it all sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever thought about doing one yourself? I'd love to read it if you ever do.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts