The 'A' Team

I'm classing N and S (N's apprentice) as the 'A' Team. They've done loads today and everything is ready for the plumbers to do their first fix in the bathroom tomorrow.

I used this bathroom this morning! The tiles were fixed to dry walling so N just cut it all out and will replace the missing part of the wall next time he is here.


Until it's completed I'll be using the en-suite and have to forego my evening soak in the bath.

N has also sourced the replacement handles for the internal doors, fitted one for me to be sure I was happy with it and has now gone off to order the rest (at trade price) for me. He's also going to change the hinges and set them in properly so that the internal doors close properly in the future.

I was planning to start on the garage this afternoon but they did it for me - I didn't have to ask for their help, they just offered. All I had to do was stand and point at whatever had to go and the two of them threw it in the skip for me. I am so relieved as, what to me was a huge and heavy task, has been completed in about 20 minutes. There is other stuff still to go but they need to leave room for the bath, and then they will see what else can be fitted in the skip. 

N also spotted that the legs on the new furniture weren't aligned properly. These screw in and should then be fixed with another screw to hold them in the correct position so he sorted that out for me as well.

Let's hope the appointment with the curtain company goes as well this afternoon!

Comments

  1. What a great team you having working for you - often the workers don't go out of their way or their job scope to help. Yeah to getting the garage stuff cleared away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief to get the garage sorting started although it was also an exercise in spotting things I'd completely forgotten about, but which now need to be sold or donated.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have all that heavy work done - I'm very impressed. Worth their weigh in gold, by the sound of it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been brilliant all along. D (plumber) loaded the previous skip with a king size mattress and the old sofa, both of which he had to dismantle to make them fit, all without being asked. They all, always do that little bit extra.

      Delete
  3. They certainly sound like an "A" Team! So nice and helpful! That's great that they helped clear up the garage! Hope the curtain fitting goes well, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The appointment with the curtain salesman went well, but more of that in today's post!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts