A Day of Rest

Yesterday's trips to the skips to dispose of the old carpet was a lot easier than expected. All of the carpet fitted into my car in two loads and each time I parked up, a couple of the employees unloaded my car for me ... I couldn't ask for better service.

By lunchtime yesterday I'd finished removing all of the staples and after lunch found spaces in the upstairs cupboard for the rest of the stuff then hoovered every room. Here's a rather grainy phone photo of my teddy, animal cushions and my lamb doorstop, comfy in a cupboard for the next week or so.


The plan is to leave bedrooms 1 and 3 and both bathrooms completely empty, with the furniture stored in bedroom 2. There's not much furniture to move around upstairs so the new double bed and the playroom tables have been moved into bedroom 2 and all I need to do is move the single bed and mattress  (which I'm currently using) in there on Friday morning. As they carpet each room I'll be able to move the beds back to the correct places. I still have to lift the stair carpet but it's been cut in preparation so will be a straightforward job for Thursday night. 

So, it's all in hand and I'll definitely be ready. I don't know what I was panicking about! I suppose the only thing that could be a problem is the fact that the previous living room carpet was fitted on top of the old laminate flooring. Catriona commented on yesterday's post to say that the fitter they used wouldn't lay the carpet on the laminate so they had to lift it before the job could be completed. If that turns out to be the case I'll have the option to either find another fitter who will lay the carpet on top of the laminate or accept the delay and arrange for the laminate to be lifted and the room boarded out to maintain the floor level.

Today is a lazy day ... reading, bubble bath, crossword puzzles, and maybe a bit of research on the family tree.  

Comments

  1. You accomplished a lot in a very short amount of time! I'm glad you are having a day of rest, today. I hope the laminate flooring doesn't pose a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm a bit worried about the laminate flooring now but will just have to wait and see.

      Delete
  2. I'm extremely impressed! Maybe, sometimes, we think through things a bit too much and the thinking gets in the way of the doing. Maybe . . .
    Well done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all down to the help from my nephew. He moved the heavy boxes and a couple of chairs downstairs for me, and that's the part I would have found almost impossible. HE actually left me with very little to do.

      Delete
  3. I think when we have time to ponder on anything, we invent anything and everything which may happen. On the plus side it does feel good when something is finished. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene. It felt like a big job because the upstairs rooms that had to be cleared were the rooms that were used to store furniture and boxes from the living room and my bedroom when the improvement work was being done. Having a very strong and willing nephew has helped tremendously!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts