Good News!


A sneaky photograph taken in the consulting room when the Registrar had disappeared to find some leaflets for me.

It's good news so far. The physical examination hasn't raised any concerns - there's no sign of a lump or any other change that would indicate the presence of cancer. The Registrar set my mind at rest when she said that pain as a symptom of breast cancer is only evident in approximately 1% of cases and she has recommended a tablet I can take for pain relief if I feel I need it; I can't remember what it's called and I've left the leaflet in the car but it's not a prescription medication and can be bought in Holland and Barrett. I'll see how I get on before buying any. The next stage is the mammogram just to be 100% sure, but she is not expecting a negative result and I'll get an appointment within the next two weeks.

I was only in the hospital for two hours instead of the three hours stated on the letter so on the way home I did a bit of food and toiletries shopping and also called in to the furniture store to look at the armchairs. I liked the one that matches my sofas (which I linked to in yesterday's post) so will do a final measure of the available space, just to be sure, and then will go back after band tomorrow and order it. I don't have the energy to go back today so will get some lunch, then settle down for a quiet afternoon to recharge the batteries.

Comments

  1. That is great news Eileen. I am pleased for you and you must feel relieved. I hope that the mammogram will confirm the Consultant's opinion. Onwards and upwards now. Best wishes, Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! It must be a huge relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bom dia Eileen,
    Notícias maravilhosas!
    Que susto deve ter apanhado e como agora está aliviada!
    Em frente e continue alindando seu lar.
    Abraços e bom fim de semana.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news indeed! (Assume you meant "positive result"! 🙂)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually sorry ... just reread and see what you mean. Sorry.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful news! I am so glad! Hope the mammogram confirms the doctor's opinion that it is nothing to worry about! Good idea to rest and take it easy for the rest of the day. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, Sharon, Ailime, Lynn, Lady Ella and Bless, thank you all for your kind comments. It was definitely a huge relief today and I'm confident, from what the registrar said, that the mammogram will confirm that there is nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good news. Hope you have a very restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. I'll be watching the last four Harry Potter films - 2 today and 2 tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic news. Such a relief all round and now you can enjoy the weekend.
    Did you come to any decision about the armchair?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm ordering the one that matches the sofas with the same fabric as the sofas. Delivery is about 6 - 8 weeks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts