My Reading Corner



Over the next few days I'll be sharing some photos from around the house to show the work that's been done and my current ideas for the finishing touches. 


This is my favourite part of the living room - my snuggle chair/reading corner and I'm happy with how this has turned out. To finish off I need to find a suitable snuggle blanket. I have a new off-white knitted one which hopefully will be okay but I'll have to see whether the colour of the blanket fits in with the room. If it doesn't, then it'll be a shopping trip to find a replacement. I also want to have one or two floating shelves on the wall above the radiator for family photographs and a couple of ornament, and maybe a small side table.

Comments

  1. That looks absolutely fantastic. So comfortable and cosy and restful and the light from the window will be great. Good luck with the snuggle blanket. I'd hate to be without mine!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, what a lovely spot, table would be required for tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit slovenly - I'd use the top of the radiator. Keeps the mug warm too! :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Joy, we have so much in common! I did think about using the top of the radiator but have decided that a small table is the way to go!

      Delete
  3. Beautifu, calm spot and I like the curtains too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joy, Marlene, Lynn and Catriona. It's turned out just as I imagined it would and I'm happy with all of my choices. The room still looks a bit stark but that'll change when I sort out the pictures and ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the colors all go together! A table and some shelves will round things off very nicely. And the snuggle blanket, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. This is the part I like best ... adding all the finishing touches!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts